• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I don't really want to go into the changes against him at this point. That is for him and his lawyers to work on. I just want to worry about me and my case.

He was fine to me during the stop and professional. I have no ax to grind against him personally.

I'm wondering about the state line thing too. Does anyone have any real info on how that is handled? I am going to show the state line in court using the county's own GIS mapping program showing how the county and state line does not go further than the center of the road. So using their own system I want to show that I never entered indiana and he ticketed me in illinois.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't really want to go into the changes against him at this point. That is for him and his lawyers to work on. I just want to worry about me and my case.

He was fine to me during the stop and professional. I have no ax to grind against him personally.

I'm wondering about the state line thing too. Does anyone have any real info on how that is handled? I am going to show the state line in court using the county's own GIS mapping program showing how the county and state line does not go further than the center of the road. So using their own system I want to show that I never entered indiana and he ticketed me in illinois.

I dont think that matters unless he wrote you an Indiana ticket while the infraction was in IL. I recall one of the LEOs here saying they have jurisdiction to write the ticket anywhere, so long as the "ticket book" (or software) for that jurisdiction is used. In other words, my understanding is an IMPD officer CAN ticket you in Greenwood, but ONLY if he has the ability to write it on the Greenwood system, ticket, etc. Otherwise he has to call a local LEO and have them write it.

Any LEOs feel free to correct me, please. I've been wrong before...

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I dont think that matters unless he wrote you an Indiana ticket while the infraction was in IL. I recall one of the LEOs here saying they have jurisdiction to write the ticket anywhere, so long as the "ticket book" (or software) for that jurisdiction is used. In other words, my understanding is an IMPD officer CAN ticket you in Greenwood, but ONLY if he has the ability to write it on the Greenwood system, ticket, etc. Otherwise he has to call a local LEO and have them write it.

That is what happened. I was on the illinois side traveling south. He was on the indiana side traveling north. So he says he clocked me coming at him. He turned around, got behind me going south and ticketed me on the illinois side.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell

That is what happened. I was on the illinois side traveling south. He was on the indiana side traveling north. So he says he clocked me coming at him. He turned around, got behind me going south and ticketed me on the illinois side.

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Not sure if it is the same with the state line but agencies have concurrent jurisdiction with their neighboring counties. So if you were speeding on the opposite side of the county line road the officer could pull you over and give you a citation.

Top Bottom