• ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I did a search on here and found nothing about the LCR.:dunno:

Looking for input/opinions on the .38 LCR from owners. How do you like them, and has anyone seen the flame cutting problem on the frame I've read about?

Also, anyone been to the local shops and seen the prices they are asking?

Appreciate any feedback.:yesway:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I love mine, Ruger prices have gone up from what I've seen, I paid $379 in October but saw a bunch last weekend for $419 to $439, a few shops have used ones because some are upgrading to the .357 LCR

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I have one and love it. It you ever want to shoot one let me know, I am more than willing to let someone meet me somewhere to try it out. A few of my friends have shot mine and they now own there own. I am located in daleville, which is just south of muncie.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I have one and love it. It you ever want to shoot one let me know, I am more than willing to let someone meet me somewhere to try it out. A few of my friends have shot mine and they now own there own. I am located in daleville, which is just south of muncie.

Hey, I appreciate the offer just a little to far away but thanks though.:yesway:

So far everyone seems to be positive about the LCR. I assume no one has seen problems with the flame cutting in the frame?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We've sold a BUNCH of LCRs since their introduction, and I have yet to have one come back for repair. Most who have bought them say they like them a lot, and claim they are more comfortable to shoot than the S&W and Taurus lightweight .38s due to their grip design and superior trigger pull.

Ruger has just (finally!) released the configuration I would personally own if I was looking to buy one: standard Hogue grip and XS Big Dot front sight.

5405.jpg

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    We've sold a BUNCH of LCRs since their introduction, and I have yet to have one come back for repair. Most who have bought them say they like them a lot, and claim they are more comfortable to shoot than the S&W and Taurus lightweight .38s due to their grip design and superior trigger pull.

Ruger has just (finally!) released the configuration I would personally own if I was looking to buy one: standard Hogue grip and XS Big Dot front sight.

5405.jpg

You guys down there at Bradis have one of these in .38 with the tritium sight, cause if you do I"ll be there tomorrow am!:yesway:

Any idea of the price?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Firehawk if you want to shoot one I also live on the westside of Indy, send me a PM and we can meet if you want

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The LCR is the ultimate out-of-the-box snubbie on the market. Even though the S&W J-frames can have their triggers improved, none come close to the awesome trigger of LCR straight from the factory.

As to the flame cutting... I have only seen one verifiable case of this posted on YouTube, and that case can be attributed to an out of spec frame. In that case, Ruger swapped out the entire firearm at no charge to the owner... That didn't stop the owner from starting a YouTube frenzy about a possible flame cutting flaw with the new LCR.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I had one in .38+P...and had installed the XS Tritium Front Night Sight on it...and then sold it! Why...because I wanted one in .357mag!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Love mine!! Comfortable enough for summer carry with shorts is a big plus for me.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Really like mine. No problems. I've been trying to find a speedloader that fits but so far I've not had any luck with that.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I've had one for about 4 months now and really like it. I was pocket carrying a S & W 638 before that and like the LCR much better. I even installed bigger Hogue grips on the 638 but it still never fit my hand just right. My LCR came with the boot grip and the XS site. I ordered the Hogue Tamer grip from Ruger and installed it and the gun is perfect for pocket carry. I'm glad to see Ruger is finally selling it in this configuration as another poster noted.
    I'm using a S & W J frame HKS speedloader for mine. It's a little tight turning the release knob, but it works. I could NOT get my Safariland Comp II speedloader to work in the LCR though. I guess with the rounds being held solidly in the Comp II the hole spacing is just enough off the rounds will not fit in far enough to let them release.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I went and looked at both the "standard" and the one with the tritium front sight. Guess it's called the XS.

First off, MAN they are lightweight! I do like the grip on the standard LCR better than the grip on the XS. I just never felt I could get a good grip on the XS. Just me maybe.:dunno: Both felt better in my hand than the S&W. Again, just me. I'm a Ruger fan anyway.:yesway:

I also wonder if the tritium sight is necessary. At the ranges it is designed for surely I could hit my target just by pointing it at it, AFTER practice of course. I wouldn't be buying it to punch holes in paper at the range all THAT much. Opinions?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I do like the grip on the standard LCR better than the grip on the XS.

There are two models with the XS tritium front sight now; one has the short, smooth "boot grip" for maximum concealment; the other has the pebbled Hogue grip with the finger grooves for maximum shooting comfort. I, like you, much prefer the standard grip.

I also wonder if the tritium sight is necessary.

Not necessary, but certainly nice to have. The big bold white ring is easy for bad eyes (like mine) to pick up quickly in daylight, and the tritium center gives you an illuminated aiming point in low or reduced light, where statistics say the majority of defensive shooting encounters are going to happen. And for the nominal price bump over the standard LCR, it's a no-brainer.

My :twocents:

Top Bottom