Quick Poll: Camo or Black rifles more desirable?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I almost never consider re-sale when I buy a rifle or pistol. I'm usually buying for a particular use, so I get what I want at the best price I can find, or build it. I seldom to never sell guns. I would think a black AR would appeal to a wider audience, but then someone buying for the same purpose you bought it wouldn't think twice about the color.

I'm with you there JJ...if I was thinking of selling it when I bought it what am I buying it for again?

I like this sentiment. I'm finally to the point where I'm not as itchy to buy/sell/trade every few months. I now have a great collection that can serve almost any role, and should last my lifetime.

To be clear, though, I'm still gonna get more!!! :) I just won't be worried about needing to sell any of my current pieces.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    The factory paint is different than most camo-add on jobs. For years I always liked the Tactical Black finish on rifles and shotguns. Recently did the camo add on to a Mossberg 500,with add on Knoxx stock, tactical Forearm, heat shield, side saddle. I made it a little unique for the sand/ woods where I deer hunt, and used FDE, then Tiger Stripe Stencil with green, brown, and black. Doesn't have the sharp lines like factory. The standard stocks are stored away, if wanting to deal away if in the future.
    I think solid black or factory sells better. Not in the mood to deal mine away for a while, glad I didn't change action or barrels.
    My AR/AKs were stock no changes. Standard models.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Neither. Stainless or blue steel and walnut. Oh, you said AR. Black! What good is a EBR if it's not B?

^^^THIS^^^^^^

IMO camo is like custom paint on a bike or car. Too personal, no guarantee the next person will like it. I wouldn't buy a camo'd gun. I would think you could go some parts ODG or Desert tan, though. Still factory finish

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    With all the camo'd models built over the years... plastic is kinda tempting.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Camo should not be an option. Resale goes into the crapper. You can always use camo wrap if you find yourself needing to blend in.

My guns stay factory original and I sell them for what I paid or more.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I buy guns to shoot, not to resell or to collect dust on a shelf whille they look pretty. Even if it is black, it's going to develop some "character" over time if you use it, so make it how you want and enjoy it.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    How about a factory camo job? Savage currently offers a 17HMR bolt action in full Mossy oak and /or winter camo to include the Bushnell scope,barrel and rings that are also camo. Looks kinda neat. Just my opinion though.:D

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    Im confused? who sells guns after they have built them! Of course Im kidding, But a custom pait job had better be top notch if you want it to not hurt resell.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I bought my 15-22 in camo. But I hunt. I think you limit most of your interest to people who might hunt with it and not many people in Indiana hut with an AR15. There might be a few varmint hunters though.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I usually do not buy rifles in camo. However, I just bought a Savage in 17HMR that in full Mossy Oak winter camo scope and all. I bought it because I wanted a 17HMR and to be honest I thought it looked kind of neat. That's just me though. A person should get what they like camo or black. Its all good.:)

weezy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indiana
    Yeah if you are considering resale, go black or something simple. Camo is going to instantly narrow down the buyer pool.

Top Bottom