• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I switched to Electronic Cigarettes which feels like cheating, but it's made all the difference.
    I had noticed the ecigs in the gas stations but I thought they were just a gimmick. (and most of them are). A family member bought one of some generic brand and had me try it. It was interesting but I wasn't really sold.
    I subscribed to e-cigs and lurked around for a month gathering intel, and then ordered a custom kit.
    Holy Sh**.
    I haven't had any desire for a cigarette for 4 days running. I think that is in part to the quality of equipment I chose and the eLiquid flavors I got.
    The plan is to scale down from 24mg of nicotine to 0mg eventually. In the mean time its a pleasurable experience. My sense of taste and smell has returned which made cooking my chilli recipe on Saturday an interesting experience as I had to scale back on the seasoning. Taking out the trash has become a horrible experience.

IMG_0407.JPG

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Does the ecig you have actually give out a decent plume of vapor? I've tried the ecig route before, but the one I bought barely gave you a sense of actually "smoking" which is almost as big for me as the nicotine itself.

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    Does the ecig you have actually give out a decent plume of vapor? I've tried the ecig route before, but the one I bought barely gave you a sense of actually "smoking" which is almost as big for me as the nicotine itself.

Yes.
    What I meant by some of the gas station bought ecigs being gimmicks is that they are crap compared to what is out there. With the setup I put together I can adjust the voltage to increase the vapor and warmth or dial it down to get a little more flavor from the juice. You get a good "throat hit" from this tank.
    It's not just the equipment though. You have to find a good flavor of eliquid that you like. I was a menthol smoker so I add a little menthol to my eLiquids which greatly helps in that TH department. I thought I would like tobacco/menthol but as it turns out I prefer fruits/menthol.

My "Vapor Sabre" as I will now call it, is a Vivi Nova Clearomizer on a eGo-C twist variable voltage battery mod with a captivape DS60 drip tip.
    Here is video review of the Vivi Nova Clearomizer where you can see the vapor production.

Are there 'better' setups than the one I chose?
    Yes, but this one is simple and easy to understand and use.

Edit: Cleanup

Last edited:

CLR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Good stuff man! The hardest for me was the first week or two. I was on a very small fuse but I also quit cold turkey. Took at least four times for it to stick this time.

Top Bottom