• ...and so much more!
  • dan lenson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Wow!

Just rented 'The Boys in Company C' from NetFlix-- remembered watching it on TV as a kid.

What an excellent movie about Vietnam!!

Even better, R. Lee Ermey is one of the main DI's. He's not as salty in this one, but if you like him you'll catch some of his trademark comments.

WARNING: Uncensored, this is NOT a kid's movie. Let kids be kids while they can be.

[the recent 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' is an excellent kid's movie, tho]

Hadn't remembered R. Lee in it, but he plays a significant part.

Check it out sometime. ;)

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    The wife and kids went swimming yesterday, I watched Full Metal Jacket, prepped a bunch of brass. A good day indeed. Today, make bullets, watch Heartbreak Ridge. When it cools of, I'm ready for a day at the range.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow!

Just rented 'The Boys in Company C' from NetFlix-- remembered watching it on TV as a kid.

What an excellent movie about Vietnam!!

Even better, R. Lee Ermey is one of the main DI's. He's not as salty in this one, but if you like him you'll catch some of his trademark comments.

WARNING: Uncensored, this is NOT a kid's movie. Let kids be kids while they can be.

[the recent 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' is an excellent kid's movie, tho]

Hadn't remembered R. Lee in it, but he plays a significant part.

Check it out sometime. ;)
    Never seen it, but IIRC he also played an air cav chopper pilot (not of a Huey, but of one of the smaller helo's) in Apocolypse Now.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I saw Full Metal Jacket the night before I went to basic. It scared the bejezus out me, but my DI seemed like Mother Theresa after that. :D

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Rented a bach pad house with 2 former USMC friends and FMJ was a standard reference to all of our visitors. What a learning experience, also talked a lot about military history. These guys had fought everywhere. Took me to a Dance Bar when I turned 21, and got 16 stitches afterward in my noggin. Still have a scar my barber sees when I get a high and tight. Thanks Gunny for the inspiration. Semper Fi.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I love R. Lee Ermey, the man is the Marine's - Marine and embodies everything I remember about my DI's as a young recruit. I also love the fact the Gunny is a big shooter and is a Glock spokesman. And it doesn't hurt he's a fellow Kansan... :D

I used to moderate on his board years ago (back when he had a forum dedicated to the show "Mail Call") and answered military firearms technical questions. I miss those days... it was fun.

Top Bottom