• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    I have a R1A1 every time I fire it the Mag releases. I have multiple mags and they all seem to do it. I've tried tightening the mag holder lever. It still doesn't stay in. When the mag is seated prior to fireing you can't wiggle or knock it out. Only the recoile seems to release it. The mag doesn't come all the way out it just releases enough to drop down to a point where the next rouind is to load to feed into the chamber. Any ideas on how best to fix this? I've heard that there are metric and standard mags depending on the Manufacuture type of the Weapon.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.\
    Thanks
    &
    God Bless

gska3873

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Northeast Indiana
    Post a picture of the notch in the upper receiver where the front lug of the mag engages and a picture of the lug on the mags you are using. That way we can see if it is cut for inch or metric mags and if your mags are inch or metric. It could be that you are using metric mags in an inch cut magwell. It also could be a worn mag release lever or a metric mag release spring being used with an inch mag release which will not give you adequate pressure on the mag with the mag catch. Century receivers (which I am assuming yours is since you say R1A1) also can have a front mag notch cutout that is slightly low. Have you tried hand cycling a full mag through the rifle to see if it feeds all of the rounds?

Indycar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Birthplace of Steve McQueen
    Top Bottom