• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    not sure that any of that is really an issue. gun is +p rated so it probably has a stiff recoil spring. if you don't shoot +p rounds put a different spring. sight would not bother me at all. sight the gun in with the ammo you like and a drop of Loctite will solve that issue. looked for one today at the 1500 did not see any. have been wanting a ruger lcp 9 but think ill but the Remington instead. aluminum frame,+p rated,comes with 2 mags. by the time you buy a spare mag for the ruger your close to the samr price

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Here's the thing. Jeff Quinn of gunblast reviewed it and sang its praises (of course I think he's NEVER posted a negative) and commented on how easy the slide was to manipulate. Methinks quality control seems to be all over the place in early reports.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    not sure that any of that is really an issue. gun is +p rated so it probably has a stiff recoil spring. if you don't shoot +p rounds put a different spring. sight would not bother me at all. sight the gun in with the ammo you like and a drop of Loctite will solve that issue. looked for one today at the 1500 did not see any. have been wanting a ruger lcp 9 but think ill but the Remington instead. aluminum frame,+p rated,comes with 2 mags. by the time you buy a spare mag for the ruger your close to the samr price

You sure the Ruger comes with only one mag? I've never bought Ruger handgun where it didn't come with two.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here's the thing. Jeff Quinn of gunblast reviewed it and sang its praises (of course I think he's NEVER posted a negative) and commented on how easy the slide was to manipulate. Methinks quality control seems to be all over the place in early reports.

I've yet to read a negative review from that guy.

I appreciate his style and passion for shooting, but no, he's not the guy to ask about new products (he's got too much to lose).

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hopefully, Remington gets the QC up to snuff with this gun. It looks like the one Mac was holding could have used a bit more attention when it was fitted together. Maybe they are training new machinists and a couple of lesser guns made it out of the factory while QC was busy in training too. The slide fit would not put me off too much, since that will wear in with use, but the sight fit would worry me. If it's that loose when new, how will it fit when there have been 500 rounds and countless bumps and dings done to it?

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Hopefully, Remington gets the QC up to snuff with this gun. It looks like the one Mac was holding could have used a bit more attention when it was fitted together. Maybe they are training new machinists and a couple of lesser guns made it out of the factory while QC was busy in training too. The slide fit would not put me off too much, since that will wear in with use, but the sight fit would worry me. If it's that loose when new, how will it fit when there have been 500 rounds and countless bumps and dings done to it?

Hey, we're back on topic!

This is the point I'm making. The issues can be fixed, but they're not going to give this thing a good set of legs to run in the market. Too many good guns out there, and far too many Kel-Tecs. We don't need more.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    A new gun out of the factory. It should be good to go before they start selling it. I could understand problems coming up after use because it is new. It shouldn't have problems with the sights and the slide should be great on all the guns. That was one of the selling points, how easy the slide worked. That was one of the things that all the reporters raved about. I was really wanting one of them. I don't know now.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    A new gun out of the factory. It should be good to go before they start selling it. I could understand problems coming up after use because it is new. It shouldn't have problems with the sights and the slide should be great on all the guns. That was one of the selling points, how easy the slide worked. That was one of the things that all the reporters raved about. I was really wanting one of them. I don't know now.

Umm...yeah:

Remington R51 Problems: Remington R51 Problems - YouTube

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    General Motors (among others) used to pull the same crap.

Release their product into the market and let the consumers ferret out the details. About the time all the problems were worked over, the model was discontinued and a new model released, only to start with problems all over again. LOL

Remington needs a better business model.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hmmm...Looks like a QC issue might be afoot with the slide problem. This petite looking female doesn't seem to have a problem racking the slide in this presentation.

[video=youtube;M_2nTQLOBiE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_2nTQLOBiE[/video]

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    This is only the third platform of handgun that Remington has produced in my lifetime. Tonight I got my hands on two of the R51's and I was not impressed. When I squeeze the grip safety it makes an audible click similar to a staple gun. The trigger is better than an LC9 so that's a plus. I just don't see anything there that would make me want to own one.

Top Bottom