• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    How was the recoil? I've heard due to the grip safety you really feel a bit of a bite from the edges of the frame.

the recoil was average and yes, the grip safety did have a bit of a "bite" i noticed a few times. after 100 or so rounds, my grip improved and the bite was minimal. my buddy who also shot it said the same thing at first and then he got used to it and ended up shooting it pretty well. for the small $s for it, seems to be okay so far. not the XDs 4.0, but not bad either. the accuracy was a surprise, in that it was way more accurate than i expected. for around $350 i am not complaining to bad.

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    Where'd you get it for 350 if you don't mind me asking? Was that cash price?

I'm willing to give this thing a chance, even though I should just focus on my primary carry gun for now.

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    Where'd you get it for 350 if you don't mind me asking? Was that cash price?

I'm willing to give this thing a chance, even though I should just focus on my primary carry gun for now.

i got it from a private sale. he had it new in the box, got it for his wife, she did not like it, so i took it.
    one other thing i had to do is clean it real well. it had more white factory grease in it than any other handgun i have ever seen(cleaned).
    at this point i am going to give it a chance as well. hopefully it continues to perform the way it did on the last 50 rounds. if that is the case, it is all good.
    i will try to post another report after this weekend of shooting it and report on the positive/negative aspect of being over the "break in period". i just hope it works like it did at he end of today's shoot.
    again, the accuracy really surprised the most. this little thing is pretty darn smoking at the 8 to 10 paces and had no problems once warmed up to hit the 2" groups. if it stays that way or gets better and really does "break in", it should be a keeper. if it continues to not lock tightly into battery, well Remington is gonna fix it and fix it and fix it until it is right. at least that is what their email said. more to come after the next test shoot.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I dunno, looks like it's probably an okay handgun. In design / looks, reminds me of a Makarov.

I usually shoot my gear for 'break-in' (about 500 - 1000 rounds), and usually do my own 'smithing "tweaks" to resolve any niggling problems, anyway. Don't need another 9mm, but if I did, I'd consider it. I've TOO often heard folks bashing KelTecs, too. But I've several thousand rounds through mine, thousands more through ones friends own, and no one has even once complained of a problem with 'em. The only thing I did to mine was re-shape the trigger a bit to better fit my finger. A minor adjustment, done while watching TV one night. Been great ever since.

Me, I'd rather have MORE choices than less, anyway. And a functional sub-$400 compact 9mm is probably a good addition to those choices. JMO

onetwoonetwo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    somewhere in the dark
    "new in box."

"she did not like it."

Based on what? :D

something about liking the G27 they had better, not really my business to wonder why other people do or do not care for something. i wanted R51 and now i have it.
    and, it was "in the box" and had never been fired. the only newer it could get is if i got it from the store or the factory. did not have to do that and now i have one.

if anybody wants to shoot it for testing or their own review, get some ammo and meet me at BGF range and lets shoot it. as far as i am concerned, we can go shoot the **ll out of it all day if someone else is buying the ammo, no problem. let's put it through the paces.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I wanted one of these real bad, until I held one. I saw the same issues, rear shight comes out, slide sticks, front sight badly mounted and side to side trigger play. Off the list for good.

Top Bottom