• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    OK I know some of you guys fish Raccoon lake. I am hoping you can give me some tips. I have fished Waveland quite a bit. But now the kids are older and like to go swim and play in the water. They don't like to swim at Waveland and I don't blame them. So I would like to know where to get on something for them to catch. I dont care what they catch I just want them to have a good time. I am not looking for your secret bass spot or anything lol. Just a general area of where to catch some pan fish. I am also told that there are Walleye in the lake. If you could give me an idea where to find them I would be forever greatfull. Thats one fish I love to eat.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    haven't fished or skied there in some time, but drove over it a couple days ago and I'd say your chances are much better as there seems to be only about half the water in it now and, just a guess, the fish will probably be concentrated where the water's at...

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    haven't fished or skied there in some time, but drove over it a couple days ago and I'd say your chances are much better as there seems to be only about half the water in it now and, just a guess, the fish will probably be concentrated where the water's at...

Yeah I took the boat down Frday ebening and it was a bit low. We need some rain.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    OK I know some of you guys fish Raccoon lake. I am hoping you can give me some tips. I have fished Waveland quite a bit. But now the kids are older and like to go swim and play in the water. They don't like to swim at Waveland and I don't blame them. So I would like to know where to get on something for them to catch. I dont care what they catch I just want them to have a good time. I am not looking for your secret bass spot or anything lol. Just a general area of where to catch some pan fish. I am also told that there are Walleye in the lake. If you could give me an idea where to find them I would be forever greatfull. Thats one fish I love to eat.

Used to fish there all the time when I had a boat. Best area that we found was on opposite side of point from beach/boat rental area.

We would launch from main ramp and head up past campgrounds as far upstream as the water level will allow. Lots of areas to fish for panfish as well as large cats!

For smaller kids there is also the fishing pier at the beach. Plenty of bluegills and sunfish for them to catch without really trying.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I have some friends that fish there and they always recommend fishing the bridge. I have also been told most of the walleye ended up in the creek on the other side of the dam. Rumor has it when they were stocking the walleye fingerlings there was a mis-communication and the gates on the dam were opened to let some of the lake drain.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    So you guys are talking over to the right side of the main boat ramp?

yea from main ramp head towards the right around the point...you will go by the campgrounds. I always went upstream as far as I could to fish. There were times you could almost make it all the way back up to where it goes under 36. This time of year the cats all head upstream....along with the carp!

Top Bottom