• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    So these raccoons have been ****ing on my roof and causing a general ruckus around the hacienda I killed 5 last fall. I'm fully capable of throwing on the night vision laser designating and having one of my partners shoot the little fu... woosaa...

I digress, anyone know anything that may help keep them away from the house and if some one says "mama used to sweep'em of the porch with a broom " it doesn't help I would rather use a street howitzer. No dogs I've got the live trap it works just looking for other options as a point of reference I've used a shovel 357 22 and live traps the first 3 seemed much more effective.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    funny timing but before I digress to my story I will tell you live trap or if you are in a less p.c. (read not in town or nosey neighbors) google "soup can raccoon trap"
    Trap and dispatch is the way to cut the numbers also try to find den spots and eliminate/close them off. Ok now the story. One of my my tenants calls me and explains he has a raccoon in the garage of his unit He tells me it is 3 feet long and scares him to get his bicycle out :) Ok I think sounds like radioactive coon but no problem I will set the trap that evening. I took my biggest live trap and a can of marshmellows and k9chow and set it up. This morning I get the call early that the raccoon has been trapped. "please come get him he is very large and has a large white tail". My heart sinks as I question white tail? "oh yes black with white tail and white stripe". Oh crap! umm did you have peppy lepew cartoons in your country growing up I ask? "no why? what is this cartoon" so today's lesson was Skunk vs. raccoon I.D. :) Another day in the wild and wonderful world of Real Estate in a college town. Bonus I did'nt even get skunked :)

bd1024

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indy
    You might try spraying a liberal dose of bear spray on the shingles. ( I am assuming they are outside, and not in the attic)---Works to keep most any mammal away. Especially when applied to the face. --- You can buy it on E-Bay.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Yes I too hate them. I had them pooping on my PORCH right outside the door. Over and over again for months. I have no mercy in me for these pests.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    It's fun to ambush them with a .22 just as they come out just when it gets dark. Just get yourself in a position where you have good fields of fire and know your backstops.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    38 Super does a number on them.......and yes there is a no coon zone here too......i have signs!!!...."Lethal Force Will Be Used"......:shoot:

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    A few things to try and consider.
    Do you feed cats outside? If you do stop this right away. Do you have bird feeders outside? If so stop this practice. Do you cover your garbage cans when you take it out? If not try to cover and lock or secure.
    Try cutting all low over hanging branches back away from the roof , they allow the coons to easily get on the roof.

live trap and dispatch or release with in the same county with land owner permission.

keep in mind , if this has been a on going issue, they litters have all been trained to come back to this same spot, so until you get the few generations thinned in might take some time to stop the problem without following the above practices.
    This of course all depends on how long you have been dealing with the issue.

Easy meals are a main target for the coon along with a safe warm dry place to make a home

hope this helps

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    A few things to try and consider.
    Do you feed cats outside? If you do stop this right away. Do you have bird feeders outside? If so stop this practice. Do you cover your garbage cans when you take it out? If not try to cover and lock or secure.
    Try cutting all low over hanging branches back away from the roof , they allow the coons to easily get on the roof.

live trap and dispatch or release with in the same county with land owner permission.

keep in mind , if this has been a on going issue, they litters have all been trained to come back to this same spot, so until you get the few generations thinned in might take some time to stop the problem without following the above practices.
    This of course all depends on how long you have been dealing with the issue.

Easy meals are a main target for the coon along with a safe warm dry place to make a home

hope this helps

After my first round of them this is my most recent encounter no cats np feeders no trash

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Attach one of these to a broomhandle. It is already threaded and just screws on.
    51B%2BxTRzwFL._SL1000_.jpg

You may have to buy several with some extra broom handles. Stick their decapitated heads on the spearpoint and place upright in the front lawn. Line the front entrance, etc, etc.
    Sorta like this:
    heads-on-stick.jpg

Let it serve as a warning to the others...

Top Bottom