• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peter Potamus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    With Blacks committing a disproportionately large percentage of violent crime in America, it doesn't take much of a statistician to conclude that they will also participate disproportionately in police shootings. The article you linked is from the ultra liberal Indianapolis Star (Gannett) and drips of agenda-driven propaganda. They have been hellbent recently to cater to the minority population in their reporting (see this past Sunday's paper for exhibit A...) They have several favorite targets and right now it's the IMPD.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    images.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    IBT.... Oh, nevermind.

So, self-inflicted shots are now "police involved shooting"? I guess if you cast the net wide enough, it ALL counts.

Of course, as a white MALE, I can shenanigans. We need to shoot more chicks!

Another note: 7 shots, and the only one that struck the perp was self-inflicted? Time to re-qualify, maybe?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    IBT.... Oh, nevermind.

So, self-inflicted shots are now "police involved shooting"? I guess if you cast the net wide enough, it ALL counts.

Of course, as a white MALE, I can shenanigans. We need to shoot more chicks!

Another note: 7 shots, and the only one that struck the perp was self-inflicted? Time to re-qualify, maybe?

How much paper punching do you do at the range after you've been involved in a vehicle pursuit of suspects who just committed an armed robbery? When you add that to your regimen, call me and let me know that you still shot perfectly and hit the target exactly where you wanted to.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    How much paper punching do you do at the range after you've been involved in a vehicle pursuit of suspects who just committed an armed robbery? When you add that to your regimen, call me and let me know that you still shot perfectly and hit the target exactly where you wanted to.
    A) It was tongue in cheek, much like my request to cap more female perps.
    B) Not much, 'cause its not what I do for a living. How many TPS reports do you fill out after getting you butt chewed by an irate customer, all because the outsourced developer can't comprehend the plainly written requirements?
    C) I could have quipped that they showed great restraint, as their mags were still at least 1/2 full after that exchange.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Nobody said the only hit was self inflicted. They said the fatal hit was self inflicted.

Shooting into a car sucks. Bullets deflect, begin to deform, etc. It's probably not real well lit in there after dark, target is mostly behind concealment or cover, etc. You've got a lot working against you in those situations.

On a side note, this is were ammo selection becomes critical and the caliber debates start to have more merit. Some bullet designs and some calibers deal with auto glass, upholstery, etc. better than others.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    How much paper punching do you do at the range after you've been involved in a vehicle pursuit of suspects who just committed an armed robbery? When you add that to your regimen, call me and let me know that you still shot perfectly and hit the target exactly where you wanted to.[/QUOTE

"Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk ?

Top Bottom