• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I bought a gen3 Glock 30sf, it felt good in the shop but I shot it yesterday and the grip is still just fat and smooth enough to prevent me from keeping a good grip on it when shooting. It is very accurate and I like how it shoots but if I am to carry it work needs to be done.

Anyone have this done and can discuss how effective it was? Any recommendations on gunsmiths to do this work? Not something I will consider doing myself at all.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    Cold Bore did a Glock 22 for me he is G2G and Chad at Sweaty Muddy Bloody is another good stick I'm waiting to get my 19 back as we speak.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have read a lot of good things on Cold Bore and it is $135 for the "extreme grip reduction" which includes full texturing and return shipping. I think I will ship off my G30sf very soon and, if I like it, have him do a less radical treatment on my G26.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I saw this in the Internet
    GripReductions.com

Dale is GTG, he did the grip work on one of my Glocks.

new_limited_pics_002.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have read a lot of good things on Cold Bore and it is $135 for the "extreme grip reduction" which includes full texturing and return shipping. I think I will ship off my G30sf very soon and, if I like it, have him do a less radical treatment on my G26.

Let us know how it goes. I've heard good things about cold bore.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Not being snarky, but why not buy a gun that fits your hand to begin with?

HOW DARE YOU SIR! Questioning the buying of what my girlfriend calls yet another gun you won't shoot.

But seriously folks. That is a good question. To be honest, I have been wanting a non-1911 higher capacity .45 acp for a while. I don't know why but I do. Tried an EAA poly and it was a little too large. S&W M&P felt pretty good but the price of the 30sf I bought, considering the add-ons, made it worth the try-out. Felt good in the store and a Gen 4 might just be grippy enough to overcome my stubby man fingers.

So I may just sell it and get an M&P or cough up a little more cash and try an FNX-45. It's all part of the fun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    HOW DARE YOU SIR! Questioning the buying of what my girlfriend calls yet another gun you won't shoot.

But seriously folks. That is a good question. To be honest, I have been wanting a non-1911 higher capacity .45 acp for a while. I don't know why but I do. Tried an EAA poly and it was a little too large. S&W M&P felt pretty good but the price of the 30sf I bought, considering the add-ons, made it worth the try-out. Felt good in the store and a Gen 4 might just be grippy enough to overcome my stubby man fingers.

So I may just sell it and get an M&P or cough up a little more cash and try an FNX-45. It's all part of the fun.

Sig P227. Check it out.

Top Bottom