• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    I got a 14.5 BCM middy upper with a low-pro troy gas block. I'm trying to figure out which rail size will cover the gas block completely or at least most of it. I want to keep the rail as short as possible, not a fan of huge rails. Have googled the topic multiple times with little success. Thanks

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I got a 14.5 BCM middy upper with a low-pro troy gas block. I'm trying to figure out which rail size will cover the gas block completely or at least most of it. I want to keep the rail as short as possible, not a fan of huge rails. Have googled the topic multiple times with little success. Thanks

Standard handgaurd is going to be 7", so you'll need to go longer. 9 or 10" should work.

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    It had a 9" on it that I took off and sold because its too short. I'd really like to get a 10" I was just hoping someone with that setup might chime in.

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    With a mid-length gas system, a 10" rail will leave the very front of the gas block peeking out from underneath; an 11" or longer will cover it completely. I've got both configurations sitting here in front of me. :)

Exactly what I needed , thank you very much sir!

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Here is what the 10"rail will look like. As you can see behind my light about half of the gas block is still exposed.

camera121.jpg

So if you are wanting the gas block completely covered like others have said you would want to bump up to the 11" rail system.

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Thank you for that picture, I'm probably going to go with the 10". Got a buddy that does laser engraving so i will probably do a little something on the gas block.

Top Bottom