• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    This is an old shop thats been here for 50 years or so. My impression has always been they didn't care if you bought anything or not. His prices are full retail from what I see. Anybody else have any thoughts on them? :dunno:

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I have got some good deals there but some prices are high. That was a few months ago..
    I got some HP-995 mags there for a good price, some of the same mag had different prices marked, they would not charge me the cheapest for all so I searched more and found another cheap one...odd I thought..

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Prices generally high, but if you watch you can sometimes catch a good deal. The help and ownership generally seems indifferent to your presence; I'd much rather to to Red Ghost and feel welcomed!

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    This is one of the worst dealers I have ever had the displeasure of entering. No, this isn't my opinion after one visit. I gave these Jac***es three or four chances. Each time (as stated above) it was as if the owner/employee could care less if I had any money to spend. Finally, after the last visit I went online and found Red Ghost and have not been back since, even though rajos is 10 miles closer to my house.

If I wouldn't feel silly, I would stand outside their shop and tell people to go some place else.

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    I originally started this thread because my trips there were not pleasant in the least. Now others have confirmed it. High prices, indifferent help / owner and rudeness to customers. :noway:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I've been a customer here since the early 80s. That indifference to the customer has always baffled me and has made me swear I'd never go back on more than one occasion. Unless you're a 50 year daily regular you won't be much more than acknowledged on arrival. The prices usually are hgh but I've seen some classic guns go pretty reasonably. I go to gun shops to buy guns and not for social needs however and am always in search of a good older/classic gun and these show up here with some regularity so,... I still find myself going back from time to time. Been a year or more now but some day I'll go back. Then swear never again and so it goes.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was in there a few weeks ago; as I attempt to stop in when I'm in the Ville for work.

Guy was in back working on something and came out to say "hi" when the door chime went off. He asked if I needed anything, and when I told him that I was just browsing today, he said that he would be in back working on something and to just hollar if I needed anything.

Fair enough to me...

Guy has all kinds of stuff, some pretty reasonable prices on "stuff"; used long-guns seemed to be priced well enough. To me, the new firearms seemed a TAD high.

-J-

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    What most folks mean by indifference to the customer here is in a much different context. Like customer walks in and says "I'd like to buy( not look at) this gun" , pointing to or mentioning one by name . Clerk, who's talking to a seated man across the counter says" Yeah, I'll be with you in a minute", and continues conversation. 20 minutes later potential buyer walks out. This happens to even customers who are flashing cash in hand while this takes place.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    they are getting a little better last few times i went in i actually got waited on. when i first started going in there if a cop walked in you just went to the end of the line if a couple of cops came in and just wanted to bs you might as well leave your not getting anything there for awhile.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I should add too that on occasion I've gotten almost a red carpet treatment. Stan can be really friendly when he's in the mood. I've never felt there was real rudeness, more like an inexplicable preoccupation with the unimportant. Lack of prioritizing on a buyer.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    I feel the same way as most people do when I go in to Rajo's. I always get some sort of welcome as I come through the door, but not much after that. I have been in line a few times at the register with cash in hand waiting while the clerk shoot the breeze with browsers.

Top Bottom