• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I know he changed political parties 5 times, and was a darling of liberal democrats before he wasn’t.
    Shocking. I'm sure that's never happened before...

TRUMPBILL-superJumbo.jpg

Reactions: oze

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What did you know about Trump before he ran? He was on a bad TV show. He owned a lot of real estate. His political positions changed with the wind. He lacks morals. His businesses declared bankruptcy four or so times.
    This post makes clear you did not know Trump, or follow Trump.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I know he changed political parties 5 times, and was a darling of liberal democrats before he wasn’t.
    Trumps big issue was and is the countries position in the world and trade. That has morphed into America First, but those issues were a focus of his. He changed parties trying to get any of them to support AF…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Here is the quote from him. He did ask it as a question but that is a big limb to climb out on…

“I think it is legitimate to say how many police, how many federal agents, were on the planes that hit the Twin Towers,” he told The Atlantic in a profile that was published on Monday. “Maybe the answer is zero. It probably is zero for all I know, right? I have no reason to think it was anything other than zero.”
    Sounds like something Trump would say. See no issue with this.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    With Trump and DeSantis, we have a governance record. With Vivek, we have rhetoric. I have lots of opinions on things but that doesn't mean I'd know how to get my vision implemented.
    Are you in favor of term limits? If so how many terms?

Does the argument against term limits evolve because we need experience?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What did you know about Trump before he ran? He was on a bad TV show. He owned a lot of real estate. His political positions changed with the wind. He lacks morals. His businesses declared bankruptcy four or so times.
    It always seems people misunderstand what really happened. Trump was an absolute flyer but many of us took a chance on him because we most certainly were not going to vote for Hillary AND he said some things that resonated with many of us - particularly on immigration, forever wars and government regulation. So that was 2016

That gamble paid off extraordinarily well. The conditions this time are not the same. We have the option to re-elect a proven fighter who WILL go to the wall for many of his beliefs. There is no need in my mind to go to the pastel Trump copy (you know who) or another gamble like Trump (Vivek). If Trump wasn't in the race, things might be different - which is why I think so much effort is put into taking him out of the race. I don't put much faith in how a republican governor performed in a state with a republican majority legislature, the conditions under which he would govern as president are nothing like where he found his success. Vivek would be my clear choice for VP as a way to see if he has chops without betting the farm on him. As the nominee, he would be in the same boat Trump was with little prospect of serious help from the establishment and the Obama/man from nowhere/too good to be true question is a serious concern. I don't trust a billionaire's interests to align all that well with mine after the politicking is over

I don't trust a guy who is on a short leash to globalist money men all that much either. Not much interested in another CoC tool

Best outcome for me is Trump/Ramaswamy 2024 and 'swamy gets the torch in '28 if he deserves it. If Ron wants to try again in '28, that's what primaries are for, but I expect he will have already tried for a senate seat before then because his whole civilian career has been spent in politics and I'm not sure he knows how to make any other living

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

If you placed term limits at equivalent values, 3 terms as representative 1 as senator someone could theoretically accrue 12 years of experience in congress before needing to find other work

How much experience is enough? How much experience in government is of the career criminal sort, only put towards perfecting lining ones own pockets or preparing for the cush job at the company you used to regulate or carried water for during appropriations

I, for one, would like to see the path to senator run through representative, where the stakes of a bad choice are lower and more easily rectified

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

We have term limits. Every 2nd and 4th year. If people are willing to keep reelecting Pelosi or McConnell, there’s every expectation that if they were term limited out the people would vote in another version of Pelosi or McConnell. In fact, with what we have now, we see this exact thing happen more times than not.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

That’s more than I know about Vivek. About Trump, we knew he had relationships. We knew allot more about Trump than we do about Vivek…. Who has no past (for the most part)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot of the reason that some of you have never seen anything of Ramaswamy is that you don't watch much news?

Ramaswamy has been a Fox News contributor for years. Have ya'll never watched Tucker Carlson? Fox Business at all?

:dunno:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It always seems people misunderstand what really happened. Trump was an absolute flyer but many of us took a chance on him because we most certainly were not going to vote for Hillary AND he said some things that resonated with many of us - particularly on immigration, forever wars and government regulation. So that was 2016
    I understand totally. Some people act like they knew Trump all along. He wasn't an unknown. Yada yada...blah blah blah..

My only point was, Trump in 2016 was in a similar position as Ramaswamy is now as far as being a candidate.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That’s more than I know about Vivek. About Trump, we knew he had relationships. We knew allot more about Trump than we do about Vivek…. Who has no past (for the most part)
    No past? He is 30+ years younger. Of course there is less to know. He definitely has a past though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some people act like they knew Trump all along. He wasn't an unknown. Yada yada...blah blah blah..
    Did you read his books back when they were written? Did you follow his interviews? He was far from unknown to me.

I have watched Trump for over 40 years…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I understand totally. Some people act like they knew Trump all along. He wasn't an unknown. Yada yada...blah blah blah..

My only point was, Trump in 2016 was in a similar position as Ramaswamy is now as far as being a candidate.
    Quite so, and I think I covered that in the point about I already took a gamble like that, it turned out acceptably well IMO and I have no need to repeat said gamble unless Trump is out of the race - then it is 2016 redux

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Best outcome for me is Trump/Ramaswamy 2024 and 'swamy gets the torch in '28 if he deserves it. If Ron wants to try again in '28, that's what primaries are for, but I expect he will have already tried for a senate seat before then because his whole civilian career has been spent in politics and I'm not sure he knows how to make any other liliving
    Understandable.
    My concern would be Trump tends to blame everyone around him which could also be directed at Ramalamadingdong. I am sure we have differing opinions on how justified that blame game is.
    But it would not do Ramalama any good

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    No past? He is 30+ years younger. Of course there is less to know. He definitely has a past though.
    He's a self made billionaire that's never had one of his companies declare bankruptcy, either from poor management or from a tactical standpoint. (I don't know if one is worse than another?)
    So there's a bit of history.

IIRC he talked a bit about getting started in business in high school in Jordan Peterson's podcast.

Top Bottom