• rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rand Paul vs. Bernie Sanders on the 'Right' to Health Care

[video]https://youtu.be/ug7fyAe2HeM[/video]

Rand points out that the 'Right' to health care necessarily means enslaving or conscripting providers. And he is absolutely right - if one man has a 'right' to my services, how can I have the 'right' to refuse?

He also points out that many doctors and medical facilities voluntarily offer care to people before investigating their ability to pay for it.

Bernie responds with multiple logical fallacies. Asking a doctor if she currently feels like a slave? This 'right' to health care is not currently enforced, how are her current 'feelings' relevant?

The liberals scored this one as a win for themselves, but I think Rand nailed it.

Rand is certainly correct. A more arguable point would have been to say that the false right to health care makes slaves out of the people who are forced to pay for it.

Then the follow up question might go like this: "Do you think the police might break down your door if you refuse to pay your Obamacare fines? Does that make you feel like a slave?"

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Rand Paul vs. Bernie Sanders on the 'Right' to Health Care

[video]https://youtu.be/ug7fyAe2HeM[/video]

Rand points out that the 'Right' to health care necessarily means enslaving or conscripting providers. And he is absolutely right - if one man has a 'right' to my services, how can I have the 'right' to refuse?

He also points out that many doctors and medical facilities voluntarily offer care to people before investigating their ability to pay for it.

Bernie responds with multiple logical fallacies. Asking a doctor if she currently feels like a slave? This 'right' to health care is not currently enforced, how are her current 'feelings' relevant?

The liberals scored this one as a win for themselves, but I think Rand nailed it.

wow those people are nuts.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I'm trying to decide what is more funny.

Racist Randy getting taken to the woodshed or anarchists coming to his defense for tossing around dog whistles.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Racist Randy getting taken to the woodshed or anarchists coming to his defense for tossing around dog whistles.

LOL Dog whistles? He's trying to educate the public on some simple logical truths. If you declare yourself the 'right' to another man's services, you are enslaving him.

'Taken to the woodshed'? He won that argument, by all logical standards.

You really do hear dog whistles everywhere you go, don't you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LOL Dog whistles? He's trying to educate the public on some simple logical truths. If you declare yourself the 'right' to another man's services, you are enslaving him.

'Taken to the woodshed'? He won that argument, by all logical standards.

You really do hear dog whistles everywhere you go, don't you.
    I think a social extremist is incapable of deciding the winner of an argument using logic as a standard.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

Ha you think healthcare is a right? That's rich.

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    But according to the posted headline Rand Paul is blaming the Republicans specifically. That makes him wrong.

If you read the context of the discussion, it was really focused around the Republican party. He pointed out the actions of the members of his party that contributed to it, that doesn't necessarily mean he is excluding those from the Democratic party from any part of the blame.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If you read the context of the discussion, it was really focused around the Republican party. He pointed out the actions of the members of his parties that contributed to it, that doesn't necessarily mean he is excluding those from the Democratic party from any part of the blame.

Wait -
    HIS Party? :dunno:

So he's blaming the Libertarians too?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rand is a Republican, last I checked.

Listening to POTUS XM this afternoon, they spoke of an article that pretty much says Rand's bid is dead. He's running below Ben Carson in the polls. They basically said, the problem is, there aren't enough Democrats in the Republican party to vote for him. I think they're conflating some things, but they have a point. Not enough freedom loving people in the Republican party. Too many hawks and too many social conservatives. I think Rand would do better in the general election than just about any other republican. But it's doubtful he can win the primary.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Listening to POTUS XM this afternoon, they spoke of an article that pretty much says Rand's bid is dead. He's running below Ben Carson in the polls. They basically said, the problem is, there aren't enough Democrats in the Republican party to vote for him. I think they're conflating some things, but they have a point. Not enough freedom loving people in the Republican party. Too many hawks and too many social conservatives. I think Rand would do better in the general election than just about any other republican. But it's doubtful he can win the primary.

They are quoting a Washington Post article. He is still polling 4th in the field, or 3rd if you consider that 2nd place is a tie. We all know just which side the Washington ComPost leans.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

Unfortuneately that might be the case. I can see Rand doing very well in New Hampshire, and that's one of the few boosts a candidate can get. I don't trust Iowa as much because they picked Huckaderp and Santorum.

Top Bottom