Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This isn't about libertarians, (which Rand has consistently said he wasn't). This is about a "maverick" candidate that's now backing the machine (like he did with Obamney). He's going along to get along and tossing aside the people who got him to where he is today. Without support from existing candidates the TEA Party will lose whatever momentum they had.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Here's to hoping he's playing the games it takes to get on top, in order to make the changes we so desperately need.

Hey, a boy can dream......

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Politicians doing crazy things behind closed doors and backroom dark alley deals......

never, no way, not possible.

I backed Ron Paul in 08 and 12. I have read most of his books and he shares many of the same views as I do. However I know Ron is a politician and while he may have been the cleanest dirty shirt in Washington he is still a dirty shirt.

If you want to entrust the sanctity of freedom and liberty with government then you have to accept what they give you. A rejection of of the men representing the state is a rejection of the state and I truly and honestly hope as a society we are mature enough to have that conversation one day.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    As long as GOP machine candidates continue insulting him (COUGH MCCAIN COUGH), I will continue to believe Rand Paul is a friend of liberty.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    This isn't about libertarians, (which Rand has consistently said he wasn't). This is about a "maverick" candidate that's now backing the machine (like he did with Obamney). He's going along to get along and tossing aside the people who got him to where he is today. Without support from existing candidates the TEA Party will lose whatever momentum they had.

Rand stated that he would back whatever GOP nominee was produced. Romney was secreted out of the backside of the Golden Elephant. He endorsed him.

I could never vote for McCain or Romney - too many inconsistencies. Rand is imperfect, but name another candidate that remotely comes close.

I wanted to see his dad as POTUS as much as the next guy. It just wasn't going to happen. Ron Paul supporters with sour grapes won't help anything.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So you expected Rand to go against the most powerful Republican in the Senate who also happens to be from his home state.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So you expected Rand to go against the most powerful Republican in the Senate who also happens to be from his home state.
    He was expected to endorse the Libertarian candidate. Which is? :dunno:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I don't think Kentucky as any serious opposition to McConnell on the R side. If Kentucky primaries ole Mitch, and another candidate is brought forth, the I'm sure Rand will support him all he can.

And I would suggest that until Indiana actually elects someone that is at least as close to Paul's values then maybe we shouldn't be throwing stones.

When fighting in the trenches you will get some mud and blood on you.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Nope. Nice try, tho. He was expected to endorse the candidate of the people who actually got him elected. The TEA Party folks. You dance with who brung ya.

Does this person have a name? Or are we talking unicorn farts and Barney the Dinosaur here? And are they any kind of a serious candidate?

Unless you have another person in mind that he should have endorsed in McConnell's place, this question is as loaded as some of Kirk Freeman's in another thread....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think you're getting too wound up about it. Who is the "Tea Party" candidate anyway?

Democrats offered to help the Tea Party primary McConnell. Of course. Why wouldn't they want to repeat the success Donnelly had. Lugar, RINO notwithstanding, was always a sure win against democratic opponents. The only way a Democrat can beat an unbeatable candidate is to have a Republican do it. Mourdock played that part with perfection.

Pragmatism is not lost on Paul, which is one of the attributes I admire about him. He realizes that unless the Tea Party can produce a candidate who can beat not just McConnel, but also whomever the Dems put up, McConnell, in all his RINO glory, is it.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    How about we keep whatever GOP senators we have, and dismantle the Dem majority there. Or would we really, really rather have Harry Reid carrying Barry's water, and introducing Di Fi and Chuckie S' legislation for the next six years?

Really?

As Voltaire said, the best is the enemy of the good.

:twocents:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    So..............

Nobody seems to remember Mitch "endorsed" Trey Grayson against Rand Paul in the 2010 primary?

Yeah, how'd that work out for Mitch?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So..............

Nobody seems to remember Mitch "endorsed" Trey Grayson against Rand Paul in the 2010 primary?

Yeah, how'd that work out for Mitch?

I remember it. Obviously Rand Paul isn't too bothered by it. Why should you be?

And, Mitch is still the most powerful Republican in the Senate. How did that NOT work out for him?

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Me? Bothered?

No.

Mitch's establishment GOP candidate got trounced by Paul, who you're right, wasn't too "bothered" by it. But some now seem SHOCKED that Paul would back "the most powerful Republican in the Senate" from his state?

Politicial chess, not checkers...

Top Bottom