• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I wonder where you Libertarians stand now. We had MANY spirited debates about the last election, and how Romney was not conservative enough for you. Well, what if Rand Paul ran as a Republican, would you not vote for him?

I feel strongly after the #StandWithRand thing that he has a chance of getting on the ticket. I also know that his beliefs are much more aligned with mine than any candidate actually ever has been. My overall question of course is, can he unify conservatives (Libertarian and Republican)?

I will say though, that if the Republican party promotes Christ Christie, then I suppose that I would feel the way you felt about Romney, except quite possibly even more outraged.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Same here, I claim no party and deffinately not the anti-American democrat party, but I will fully support rand Paul for president or dog catcher. Whatever he wants!! He is pure hope for this nation! Maybe our last peaceful chance?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Where do I stand? I will never in my life throw away another vote for an (R) d-bag that says one thing and does another. It took me almost 30 years to learn my lesson, but I finally learned it. EVERY single Republican I ever voted for disappointed me.

Besides, Rand Paul won't be the nominee. You're much more likely to see Bloomberg on the ballot as a (R) candidate, or Christie.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Where do I stand? I will never in my life throw away another vote for an (R) d-bag that says one thing and does another. It took me almost 30 years to learn my lesson, but I finally learned it. EVERY single Republican I ever voted for disappointed me.

Besides, Rand Paul won't be the nominee. You're more likely to see Bloomberg on the ballot as a (R) candidate, or Christie.

I hope you are wrong. Because it is easier to change a party from within (especially when the most liberal Republicans are the oldest ones in the party) than to change to another one in a two party system. The Libertarians and Tea Party now are both injecting themselves assertively into the Republican party, and they are beginning to take the lead publicly.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Rand's going to be able to co-op his dads entire organization. Ron Paul didn't get a ton of votes in the primary but everyone agreed he had a good ground game.

It will be interesting to see how the primary shapes up though, being that establishment Republicans have hated Rand ever since his senate primary.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'd vote for him at this point. I'd love to see Justin Amash somewhere in the mix as well.

I don't care what party you belong to. I will vote for freedom and I think Rand gets it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I see Marco Rubio if he ran as a good opponent to Rand Paul. But as far as choice goes Rand Paul is probably my first choice since Ron Paul retired.

Who's Rand Paul? :dunno:

If your vote is Split - You're gonna get Bit.

How's Obama doing for you so far? :xmad:

gdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    The republican party needs to realize you can't come across as being the party representive of only the most elite class in this nation and expect to generate a majority vote. A silver spoon, private educated, enormously wealthy man that went around make disparaging comments about almost half the people in this nation was a bad candidate. Whether he meant those comments as they sounded is irrelevant. When it comes to politics perception is everything.

That said I'm not sure Rand Paul is a good pick either. The first part of the battle is getting someone to win the nomination that has a chance to win. That is where the republican part has been falling short...

Jeb Bush is the best bet currently if only factoring in who has a legitimate chance of winning the presidency. But we don't know who will be running from the left. Way too early to be playing these guessing games... Rand Paul is a bad bet for americans who think like we do. While he may think like we do, and even be a good representative of american ideology.... the ability to actually win is the most important focal point. And I just don't think he has that.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    If the Catholic church can think outside the box why can't we. R.P. would be a good shake up for the nation. He is putting himself out there now so everyone will know of him by next election.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Rand Paul is a guarantee that another Dem will win. Sad as it is, the demographics in this country have changed to the point that any candidate that is conservative or about freedom and less government doesn't have a chance.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The republican party needs to realize you can't come across as being the party representive of only the most elite class in this nation and expect to generate a majority vote. A silver spoon, private educated, enormously wealthy man that went around make disparaging comments about almost half the people in this nation was a bad candidate. Whether he meant those comments as they sounded is irrelevant. When it comes to politics perception is everything.

That said I'm not sure Rand Paul is a good pick either. The first part of the battle is getting someone to win the nomination that has a chance to win. That is where the republican part has been falling short...

Jeb Bush is the best bet currently if only factoring in who has a legitimate chance of winning the presidency. But we don't know who will be running from the left. Way too early to be playing these guessing games... Rand Paul is a bad bet for americans who think like we do. While he may think like we do, and even be a good representative of american ideology.... the ability to actually win is the most important focal point. And I just don't think he has that.

That's the same argument that got us Romney as a nominee. It's also the same argument that got his butt kicked.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    (R) leaders will never let Rand run for president, they will go with Christie or perhaps Rubio.....whoever they can control. Rand would have to sell his soul and become corupt to get the nomination......I don't want to see that.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is the time to build up and support the candidate we feel will be the best choice. As of now, Rand Paul is the one I want and assuming nothing happens to tarnish his image, I will support him in 2016.

TacMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere in Turkey
    This is the time to build up and support the candidate we feel will be the best choice. As of now, Rand Paul is the one I want and assuming nothing happens to tarnish his image, I will support him in 2016.

I agree. If I dont see anybody that jumps out Rand Paul to me is the greatest option. I don't care if people think he wont get elected. Im not compromising for some dimwit that only cares about guns and immigration when there is so much more at stake. Our rights are being compromised every day. Rand is not perfect but hes the best option ive seen so far.

Top Bottom