• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Maybe I'll get myself one too so I can shoot with him :D are there any pink guns? LOL

Yes there are:

220073_01_lg.jpg

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I'm a little too far north for a shop recommendation but I'm going to advise you on going with the gift certificate. My hubby and I shoot together, but I would have no idea what to get him. Good luck.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Wow thank you! you guys are all so helpful! We live in Greenwood, but right on the border of Indianapolis and after looking at that list of gun shops there are a lot around me. I've never gone to the shooting range with him, but I know he goes to this one:

DNR: Atterbury

He's not under 21 lol so I don't have to worry about any of that and I'm 100% sure he has a permit to carry his gun cause he's a state trooper so we're good on that!

My budget is around $600. Is that enough for a decent gun? lol I honestly don't know at all how much a gun is. He has an AR-15 rifle, and then for his job he has a glock 9mm model 17 and a 12 gauge shotgun.

The gift card is SUCH a good idea! now I don't have to worry about picking one that he may like because sadly I wouldn't even know where to begin. Maybe I will just tell him that I'm going to buy him a gun and that way he can pick which store he wants to get it from. Maybe I'll get myself one too so I can shoot with him :D are there any pink guns? LOL

I also live on the southside/greenwood. I recommend Bradis or Indy Trading Post. Both have good prices and will gladly help you. If he has a Glock 17 for work, you might consider getting him a Glock 26. It is a subcompact that he can carry off duty. They're easy to conceal. They can take the same magazines as his duty weapon. And, the "system" is the same so muscle memory and all his training will already be there. It is also small enough to be used as a back up gun on his ankle or under his uni shirt. :D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A) Welcome to INGO!
    B) You are awesome!
    C) You hubby is a lucky guy
    D) Take the $600 and take him shopping and then to the range. That would be an awesome birthday (someone forward this idea to my wife, please!). You can find all kinds of good/decent handguns for that, and finding a second (and even pink) one for you should be pretty easy, too. As others have posted, there are several shops in your area. You can't go wrong with any listed above.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    Wow thank you! you guys are all so helpful! We live in Greenwood, but right on the border of Indianapolis and after looking at that list of gun shops there are a lot around me. I've never gone to the shooting range with him, but I know he goes to this one:

DNR: Atterbury

He's not under 21 lol so I don't have to worry about any of that and I'm 100% sure he has a permit to carry his gun cause he's a state trooper so we're good on that!

My budget is around $600. Is that enough for a decent gun? lol I honestly don't know at all how much a gun is. He has an AR-15 rifle, and then for his job he has a glock 9mm model 17 and a 12 gauge shotgun.

The gift card is SUCH a good idea! now I don't have to worry about picking one that he may like because sadly I wouldn't even know where to begin. Maybe I will just tell him that I'm going to buy him a gun and that way he can pick which store he wants to get it from. Maybe I'll get myself one too so I can shoot with him :D are there any pink guns? LOL

Welcome to INGO. Visit often your learn alot.
    Definitely go with him to the range, you'll have a lot of fun together.

Yote69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Logansport
    I wouldn't purchase anything unless he can exchange it or has given "hints" as to what he is interested in. A gift card would be awesome! I get Cabelas cards numerous times per year because no one knows what to get me. I will keep it this way as long as I can:rockwoot:

Top Bottom