• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Curtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    I have a Galti range bag and a GPS range back pack. Both have gotten very dusty from the range I have gone too. What is the best way to clean them? I saw on YouTube that you can put them in a pillow case and wash them on cold with a light detergent. Okay what is a light detergent? Any other ways to get it done? I am tired of hauling dusty dirty bags around.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Take a hose to them. Use a soft brush if needed. Let them dry. Less wear and tear on the seams than an agitator type washing machine.

The "light detergent" reference is just warning you away from harsh detergents (that you won't find without looking hard), bleach, etc.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I use dish soap and my hands to wash my soft sided cooler. Then just hang dry. Seems to work well and it keeps on lasting. If I ever wash my range bags or knife bags I'll do the same.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I wash mine in the washing machine on "Gentle" with "ALL Free and Clear" detergent. Front loader Samsung machines.
    I buy the dedicated laundry protector bags and throw them away. It's eye opening the crap that comes out of your range bags.
    My range bags take abuse with oils, spent brass, tools, etc. I don't like the lead and powder left overs in my home or work areas.

Top Bottom