• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yeah, I use a tool bag right now, but tonight, after seeing the efficiency, durability, and functionality of the Midway bag, I will be getting one when they go on sale again.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I took Que's advice when I asked about this and used a tool bag for the trip to the range thursday. It worked for what I needed but I'm wanting the big Midway bag. Might even pick up a smaller bag for trips when I'm taking quite a few guns so I can use the bigger bag for ammo, muffs, glasses, and everything else I'll need and then use the smaller bag for the pistols and extra magazines just so I could distribute the weight a bit.

Weight adds up when you're taking 7 or 8 firearms to a group shoot and taking ammo to feed them all(along with extra just to make sure theres enough for everyone to get a chance go shoot the stuff you've brought).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I bought the big Midway bag a while back. I noticed that, as someone else said in the reviews of it, the strap tends to slip, so I went and bought a package of tarp grommets and put them through the two pieces of the strap, one on each half, so four total grommets used, then stuck a carabiner through the holes. It does a nice job of holding the strap at the desired length and gives me two more places to put things like ear pro or whatever

They're "temporarily unavailable" right now as well, which is weird because the OD colored ones are on sale, too. :dunno:

Hope this helps!

Blessings,
    Bill

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'll toss another vote to the Midway bag. It's a great bag that holds lots of gear. Can't go wrong, especially when you get them on sale! :yesway:

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The Midway range bag works very well, appears to be very durable, has very adequate interior capacity and has ample outside pockets for storage. The only downside, the bigger the bag, the more items you will put into it, the heavier it will be carry.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    The Midway bag is great. Biggest problem is there may be TOO MANY pockets. I'm constantly finding items in there and saying "So that's where that got to". :)

Don Parks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    The Midway bag is a nice bag,there are so many black ones , the od might be the best way to go so you tell if it is your bag.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I got the 5.11 Range Ready Bag as a Christmas gift from my Boss at work (note: I have an exceptionally cool boss)...

Range Ready Bag | Bags / Backpacks | 5.11 Tactical

At ~$100 from LA Police Gear, it is pretty pricey. However, it fits *all* the gear you (I) would normally take (8 Mag pouches that you can stick at least 2 mags in each, ears and eyes for both my wife and I, cleaning stuff, I fit 4 pistols and 8 boxes of 100 rnds, plus a brass bag and a small tool kit).

Awesome bag, but if I didn't get it for a gift I *may* not have dropped the cnote. Just looked on eBay and there is one for $79.00.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Awesome bag, but if I didn't get it for a gift I *may* not have dropped the cnote. Just looked on eBay and there is one for $79.00.

It was determined in another range bag thread a while back that the $40 Midway bag, $100 5.11 bag, and $150 Shooter's Connection bag are all the same bag, with minor differences in some materials and hardware.

Top Bottom