• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Brass

Shoot a bolt gun and you won't have that problem. ;) When I shoot an AR, I always prop up a piece of cardboard so my brass bounces back and burns me. (We are bench shooters) It also serves to keep my rimfire brass off the guy next to me. I think when a piece of hot brass hits you, you own it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We were shooting AK steel 5 lanes down last weekend. While standing, they were hitting the steel supports for the concrete and coming back and hitting us. I have no idea why the range guys stick AKs right next to the regular folk. I feel bad, kinda.

I was hit on my glasses just in front of the left eye with brass from a 45 while on the pistol side. I think if you're hit with it, you can keep it.

Question: If I'm eating a sandwich and part of it falls from my mouth and onto the table in front of me, is it still my sandwich or is it a free-for-all? (I eat very tasty sandwiches and it's been an issue before)

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You got to take care of your brass! People are looking to make a buck any way they can in this economy. Last time I took scrap brass to the scrap yard I got $2.00 a LB, and have gotten as much as $3.00 a lb. I always save my berdan primed brass and turn it in with my aluminum cans. What I ususally do is collect scrap metal for a year and turn it in just before the Jan 1500. This is the best time of the year for scrap. I have been paid as much as $200.00 for a years worth of scrap. And for me that will go a long way at the 1500, when you are just looking for reloading stuff and suplus ammo. Not bad for just throwing stuff in a box in the garage!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    That's a problem easily solved.

You held this thing next to your gun as you shoot.

pistol5.jpg

brass_catcher.jpg

Same thing with a rifle:

Canada%20Military%20Surplus%20Tactical%20Camo%20496.jpg

I tried one of those with my revolver and it didn't work worth a darn. Total waste of money.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I was at the range yesterday and wouldn't you know it, halfway through the time I allowed myself I had to use the restroom. By the time I got back someone had swept up all my brass and took it with them! The nerve of some people! THANKS!

Depending on the range(Camp Atterbury in my experience) they require you to sweep your area before you leave. May have been someone being nice and getting your area for you. Just ask for the end lane naxt time.

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    I picked up a utg brass catcher for my AR's. It worked alright until i added an aimpoint and a magnifier to my primary range gun. The velcro that holds it on just doesn't fit in the right place now. The only issues i ever had with it was an occasional failure to extract when the catcher was out of alignment.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Yeah, the nerve of some people.

I usually ask before I sweep up any brass that gets mixed in and is not mine. I've had people actually ask me for my brass while I was shooting ...... my Taurus Judge and my 44 magnum. Now that is a bit much.

Top Bottom