• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We were killing steel plates and then walked over to the barrel stage so she could she what was going on. As I was explaining, some dude yanks out his AR-15 from his jogging stroller and points it at the back of an older gentleman shooting through a barrel and then points it up at a duck.

I add in a stage whisper "and this is where they handle firearms behind the line". But no one did anything and duck boy kept on aiming in on his duck. I would have thought that coonfingering and pointing a gun at a fellow gun gamer would be a DQ but apparently not. :n00b:

Someone should have notified the RO and if they didn't do anything, they should have found Tony.

This is part of the reason I am attending to watch shoots out there. I want to see if I want to be a part of the club. Sometimes hunters and shooters are their own worst enemy.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My son was bad about not paying much attention to where the muzzle is pointed. So I'm letting him know about it one more time, then a small time later I look over to the next person beside us. He is trying to clear a jam or something and the muzzle is pointed right me, so I stepped back and said to my son "how do like him, a complete stranger, pointing the gun at you?," that took care of the problem. Not saying we should go pointing guns at offenders but it does help make a point.
    I told my niece (10 years old) in no uncertain terms, if she broke any of the safety rules we practiced before getting the ammo out, we'd pack up and go home right then. Range time over.
    About the third range visit, she got a little lax and slipped up. We packed up and the mean old aunt took her home (even though I really wanted to shoot, too).
    Guess what... that's the safest kid you'd ever want to shoot with and she's never slipped up since. She's a good RO now, too. :D

jackadew

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Washington Co.
    I told my niece (10 years old) in no uncertain terms, if she broke any of the safety rules we practiced before getting the ammo out, we'd pack up and go home right then. Range time over.
    About the third range visit, she got a little lax and slipped up. We packed up and the mean old aunt took her home (even though I really wanted to shoot, too).
    Guess what... that's the safest kid you'd ever want to shoot with and she's never slipped up since. She's a good RO now, too. :D

I never post in these range rant threads...but this may be the best thing i have read on INGO. Kids need our INSTRUCTION and DISCIPLINE...one without the other is useless. If i was a betting man, i would bet my farm that your niece thinks your the coolest aunt ever:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

An authority figure has to do as they say they will or no authority exists. Kids will do as allowed regardless. To just yell and scream about something done wrong or dangerously wrong sets no real example.
    We have been working with the granddaughter shooting a BB gun and the same thing apply's, 1st time, no more. Follow the safety rules first, last and always.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I understand where you're coming from. In my job I work with the unwashed masses ALL DAY LONG....
    But that being said ... I have met a few cool people and actually had some good interactions at the range. Seems that some of those people are like me.

Oh wait ... what if I'm one of those people the OP is talking about ....

Noooooooooooooooo

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    OK, I confess, I am a heartless scumbag.

Do not drone on about your gout, sciatica, ear wax, hemorrhoids, abscess, false teeth, Medicare, price of cottage cheese, second cousin twice removed on your mother's side who was a 27th degree secret space shuttle door gunner for Buzz Aldrin back in the "Nam", how your uncle used to grease his 30/40 Krag with possum guts, that your 30-06 HighPoint/Vulcan/Llama wonder-weapon is used by the Royal South Buttcrakastan Seals, ect.

Shut up, leave me alone, and focus on shooting your weapon and not misfiring your mouth. You have been warned. :n00b:

:lmfao:In addition to that sometimes positive character trait, you are also a funny funny man. If I see you at the range I won't talk to you but I will make time to listen. :yesway:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Don't worry Mackey. I am not talking about you. I enjoy conversation at the range as much as anybody. It's just that when i do, I step away from the firing line and am respectful of other shooters.

I also enjoy helping new shooters. Was a 4-H rifle and pistol Instructor for 14 years.

99.9% of INGO members that I have met, are always interesting to talk to and have a lot of experience. INGO has been a great forum to educate and bring our firearms community together.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    went to linden CC 2 weeks ago.. some guy came waddling up as i was working with the .308 . it is CERTAINLY not quiet.. and as he was just in that zone where the whole supersonic boom hits ya in the face kinda place, and he still wanted to carry on a conversation, no hearing protection in at all..:n00b:..

so i put in a "Special" reload that i made. (top end of powder load), and then i think he got the hint.. pretty sure he called me an ass for not wanting to talk to him, but why in gods name would i go to the range to TALK? the only talk time is when im letting the barrel cool or downrange checking my targets.

Top Bottom