• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY

Had a great day shooting and range testing of the Krinkov pistol. I gotta say im impressed. I know, I know, I know everyone thinks all Aks are in-accurate and that means a AK pistol must be nothing more than a toy right? And I do agree the AR and AR pistol are more accurate and its so much easier to put a scope on and so forth... just not my thing. AR in 308... yeah. So being a fan of the good old AK47 and owning one from nearly every country. Building my own and helping others build. And practicing with one for 10yrs of my life. I like to think I know a few things about them. Now to my range report.

Im going to break this down into categories i think are practical please keep in mind this is all stock out of the box nothing extra.

ergonomics - its nearly as heavy as a full length rifle. Aside from that the magazine is very close to the center og gravity. Using the handgaurd for me reduces handling and muzzle control. Holding the mag high allows for faster sighting and more efficient handling.

Sights - I had to adjust my front post for the shorter ranges i was shooting at as the iron sights are set for 200m and 400m. After some tuning the sights where more predicable and allowed for faster shooting. These actually allow the "pistol" to maintain accuracy. This similar to firing a rifle while folded which i enjoy when running a set up course with heavy gong targets 20-35 yards in distance. But i would say more accurate do to manageability in that purpose.

practical use - Would i use this in self defense ? Yes, Would i use this instead of folding stock rifle in a bad situation? I would generally say "NO"... in its factory set up "No" unless its size was a huge advantage per the situation. But with a proper tactical setup or even as a SBR. " YES" And regardless of that i would make an amazing back weapon.

Home defense? 7.62x39 is a strong round with lots of penetration and could me considered OP for home defense. But its a tad toned down from the shorter barrel. Add HP ammo and a nice Bad Guy for a back stop and i see this as a great home defense weapon. The point of aim its very natural for close quarters. Its not going to replace a good 45 or a 9mm with a combat light IMO but its a great option & counterpart bridging the gap between hand gun and rifle.

This thing was flawless and the stiffness loosened up nicely. And very very fun to shoot. I dont have the rear sling attachment as of yet, But with that i can apply the IDF sling technique and this would much closer compete with full rifles and sbr builds.
    i could hit watermelons at 25 & 50 yrs and even took a chunk out of a pumpkin at around 75rd.

MY conclusion.... buy one you will enjoy it immensely and stay tuned as ive decided to invest in customizing this bad boy and doing another review for you.

more videos to come just waiting for them to upload

Last edited:

J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    Thanks for taking the time and doing a write up on this. How bad is the muzzle flash and sound? The ar pistols are just too loud for me personally. I'm mainly an ak guy myself though anyways.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Thanks for taking the time and doing a write up on this. How bad is the muzzle flash and sound? The ar pistols are just too loud for me personally. I'm mainly an ak guy myself though anyways.

^THIS^ I had an AR pistol, and that was the main reason I sold it, way to loud. Also impractical, but a neat range toy.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Ive shot both the AR pistol and after shooting the krink. Ill post a video soon showing the flash. With nothing on the muzzle at all there is a considerable flash but i would argue that though the 7.62x39 obviously a larger casing and more powder. The round is more adept to the shorter pistol barrel than the 223. and the actual 5.56 dramatizes this difference further. One big difference is that the 223 due to its high power cartridge and small bullet needs a longer barrel to get the right velocity and twist. The drop in power in the short barrel directly effects the accuracy and causes the 223 to have a ton of flash due to the excess un-burnt powder being expelled ignited and expelled in the air. That flash is lost power. And this very bad for the ballistics of the 223.
    Now the Krink shooting the 7.62x39 has a large flat flash using a bare muzzle but this in no way exceeded my comfort zone. Tho if i was shooting at night i would need a flash suppressing muzzle. The accuracy and bullet power changes very little from a longer barreled rifle. As i believe the powder burns and ignites faster and easier due to diameter of the barrel allowing more space for expansion before the bullet leaves the barrel. . The weight of the gun manages recoil like a full size rifle. Its as manageable as any other AK rifle and the sights being much closer the the eye allows rifle range shots with accuracy i can live with. on paper targets a 50ys i managed nice grouping with the occasional shot that landed 5in from my grouping. Im blaming the shooter on that one. lol And for full urban combat idealism I took my My 5ft 4 very skinny lil brother. And my short GF to shoot with me. Im for reference 6ft 275 and in decent shape to cary handle and fire large rifles. So i wanted to see this handles by a good mix of people and body frames. Again im impressed. At 35 yards i had a first time shooter hitting melons. i know 35yds isnt much but for a brand new shooter to be dead on target shows me that people cry for accuracy instead of try for accuracy lol
    ANd in closing my thoughts as im running out of time ATM. I would like to add there is a reason people turn these into SBR's lol

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I want to build a 7.62x39 AR pistol, maybe have the best of both worlds. My defensive weapon of choice is the AK, but I have always liked the look of an AR, so my first jump into the Matel rifle platform will be with a cartridge that has some stopping power.

J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    I was thinking the same. I'd love to have an ar in 7.62x39 with a piston kit installed, but I can't afford that right now unless I sell some of my guns and I can't bring myself to get rid of any. Haha.

Top Bottom