• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Picked one up at On Target in Kalamazoo MI about three weeks ago--the first one they had in. Price was $329.95 with a box of CCI .22 LR's thrown in. I also bought a few of the RX-25 magazines and a Primary Arms red dot sight.

Function has been flawless so far with CCI Mini-Mags, CCI Blazer, Federal bulk pack, and some blue box PRVI stuff that was pretty dirty. CCI Mini-Mags seemed to be the most accurate.

The backpack case is worth $40-$50 alone, so the whole set-up is a pretty good deal in my estimation. :twocents:

I think I may have to talk to the folks at 21st Century in Bluffton and see when an integral suppressed barrel may be available from Huntertown Arms. There's even an extra pocket in the case for an extra barrel!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got one at Freedom Firearms (formerly H&H) in FW yesterday for $335. They have two left.

Man I wish I hadn't read that! I kept wanting to start a topic on INGO about where to find one locally in Fort Wayne but I didn't because I didn't want the temptation. Now, here you go and put a steak right in front of a starving guy. Thanks for the heads up! I'll go see if they'd like a papoose in trade.

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    Two weekends ago Dicks in Avon had one but they wanted $350 plus tax. I picked mine up over the Internet, had it shipped to Fort Liberty in Avon and still came out less than what Dicks wanted.

Only thing I didn't like about mine was the front sight, just couldn't see it in certain conditions. These should come from the factory with Fire Sights.

My Fire Sights, buffer, scope and Warne quick detach rings came in earlier this week. Installed the Fire Sights already and it really made a difference. Not my first go around with swapping out sights on a 10/22 but these were pretty stubborn, fair warning.... Broke one and bent another brass punch before getting a much bigger hammer, they came right out after that. Never had that happen before. I'll post some pics when I get the scope installed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4x32 scope that I purchased new for my 10/22 Takedown. I got a good deal on it with a $50 mail-in-rebate. The only problem is it's to long when mounted to fit in the sleeve in the case so I purchased a set of Leupold QRW quick release scope rings from Optics Planet.

They are just the ticket to be able to use the scope and remove it easily so I can store it in the third sleeve next to the barrel. They're alittle on the pricey side but a bit cheaper than the Warne quick release mounts.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I just held the over at freedom arms and I was really surprised at how solid it felt when it locked up. I'm going to make somebody a heck of a deal on my marlin papoose so I can go standardize all my 22lr mags.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I got mine for $350. He included the bag, (which is beautiful) 50 rounds and an extended magazine. I know it's not a whole whole lot, but it's enough that I feel like the upswing on price was worth it. :)

Pics in a few, I want to clean it up first. :D The dirt doesn't make it as pretty as it should be.
    actually that was a good deal as the extened mags are 25-30 if you can find one.

Ive done one modification to my bag and that is dye the ruger logo dark maroon almost black for subtly carrying thru the city.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    FYI,
    AGS Armament has ruger 25rd mags for sale right now for $19 plus shipping. I just had three show up today and they are a site supporter.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I went ahead and bought mine at Blythes in Griffith yesterday. Nice guys to deal with and first time I've been in that shop in years. Can't wait to get it to the range!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I picked one up at the Gander Mtn on Emerson last night, they had two in stock. Price was listed at $350 but they knocked off $20 for me which covered the tax, got a really good knowledgeable person helping me there, was very impressed with the service I got.

Last edited:

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I picked one up at the Gander Mtn on Emerson last night, they had two in stock. Price was listed at $350 but they knocked off $20 for me which covered the tax, got a really good knowledgeable person helping me there, was very impressed with the service I got.
    really gander carried one and had it that cheap :wow:
    I was able to take mine to the range today and after sighting it I love the gun im going to be lightening up the trigger as its a little heavy

Top Bottom