• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Unfortunately I didn't have a camera on me so this isn't exactly a review, just my first impressions. I bought my SR9 two weeks ago and finally had the chance to go to the range today. I took it and 200+ rounds to the Crawfordsville Gun Club and became a member.

I shot 150 rds. of Federal American Eagle, 50 rds. of Federal Champion, and the 20 extra rounds of Hornady Critical Defense that I don't keep in the mags. First of all, I had absolutely zero problems with the pistol. It ate everything with zero malfunctions. The trigger is very smooth and has a pretty light pull when firing from the reset. Pretty accurate for me but I probably could have gotten a better feel for inherent accuracy had I been firing from a bench instead of standing.

Overall I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I can't wait to get back out to the range and feed this hungry beast for a few more hours!:ar15:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Congrats. I have an SR9c and it follows the same pattern- eats everything, good trigger, accurate and reliable. It should serve you well.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I'll be picking up either a SR9 or SR9c later this week. I've heard very good things about them and liked the way the felt in the hand. Now I just have to figure out which one will work out best for me.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I'll be picking up either a SR9 or SR9c later this week. I've heard very good things about them and liked the way the felt in the hand. Now I just have to figure out which one will work out best for me.

Depends on what you want it for. Mine is mainly for home defense so I went full size. The 9c is a good size for carry and you can use the 17 round mags from the full size if you get the skirt/sleeve thing so it fits flush with the bottom of the mag. well.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Depends on what you want it for. Mine is mainly for home defense so I went full size. The 9c is a good size for carry and you can use the 17 round mags from the full size if you get the skirt/sleeve thing so it fits flush with the bottom of the mag. well.
    It will be an EDC. I was originally going to CC, but have decided to OC some of the time as well. I may end up buying an OC specific gun, such as a 1911 or CZ75. The CZ75 probably makes the most sense...from an ammo point of view.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    It will be an EDC. I was originally going to CC, but have decided to OC some of the time as well. I may end up buying an OC specific gun, such as a 1911 or CZ75. The CZ75 probably makes the most sense...from an ammo point of view.

Aren't CZ75s 9mm's? From what I've seen they look like great guns but I don't understand your "ammo point of view" statement.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Aren't CZ75s 9mm's? From what I've seen they look like great guns but I don't understand your "ammo point of view" statement.
    Yes they are...that's exactly what I was saying. If I chose the SR9c as my concealed carry piece, it would make sense to pick up a CZ75 (if I chose) to be my OC piece because the ammo would be the same and I wouldn't have to purchase the more expensive 45 ACP.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    Yes they are...that's exactly what I was saying. If I chose the SR9c as my concealed carry piece, it would make sense to pick up a CZ75 (if I chose) to be my OC piece because the ammo would be the same and I wouldn't have to purchase the more expensive 45 ACP.

Nothing against the CZ75, because I want one as well, but the full size SR9 would be cheaper if you plan on buying new and are set on a full size gun for OC.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville

Why not buy the SR9c and use it as both? 10rd mag for conceal and use the 17rd mag when OC'ing.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    :+1:

If you do buy both the SR9c, and the SR9. The 17rnd mags will work in either gun. But I personally don't see the point.

I have both, but I got the SR9 first and liked it so well I traded my LC9 (which I couldn't get used to the trigger pull) for an SR9c. So I have both.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Actually, if you had the SR9 and SR9c, then you can reuse the ammo, the mags, and the holster. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom