• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I test fired my second batch of 9mm reloads today. Same specs as before.

Test gun: Beretta 92FS
    Distance: 7 yards
    Bullets: Winchester 115 grain FMJ
    Primers: CCI #500
    Powder: 4.2 grains of Hodgdon TiteGroup

All 50 rounds where fired center mass of target. Rounds fired at the head where factory loaded. My group was not as tight, but I take the blame though. I do not shoot my 92FS as accurately as I do my other pistols. I was again very happy with the results. I think I'm going to stick with this load. I have two more pistols to test fire, my FNP and my PF9.

001-55.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Good work! That load ought to be a sweetheart range load, and is close to one that I like to use for plinking as well.

If you haven't yet, check out Montanagold.com for some awesome prices on 9mm projectiles. Now that you have the reloading itch, you'll find you shoot A LOT more than when you buy factory ammo. :rockwoot:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Good work! That load ought to be a sweetheart range load, and is close to one that I like to use for plinking as well.

If you haven't yet, check out Montanagold.com for some awesome prices on 9mm projectiles. Now that you have the reloading itch, you'll find you shoot A LOT more than when you buy factory ammo. :rockwoot:
    Thanks, I'll check out the website. I still have a few boxes of factory loaded ammo, but all the free brass I can get my paws on. I'll have plenty to get me through the winter, especialy when I start reloading .223.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Bite the Bullet also has good prices on bullets.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    when you reload for the pf9 I would recommend a reduced load for it...when I had mine I always shot reduced loads so the bastard would not bite the webbing of my hand...damn thing...

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    when you reload for the pf9 I would recommend a reduced load for it....

Good idea! Reduces wear and tear on both the gun and the shooter.

Suggestion:
    Load about 3 rounds each in 0.2 grain increments, working down, until you find the load that doesn't work--usually will stove pipe. Then bump it up about 0.3 grains for "insurance" from the lightest load that still works, and you should have the lightest load that will function reliably for you in your gun.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    when you reload for the pf9 I would recommend a reduced load for it...when I had mine I always shot reduced loads so the bastard would not bite the webbing of my hand...damn thing...

Since it is my EDC gun, I do not want to make light loads for it. If I do so, I feel like I'm handicaping myself.

Top Bottom