Range: Shadow 2, Bersa TP XT, SP-01 & Sig 2022; Sell which?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There are lots of good coating people around if you wanna go that route for the shadow. I’m not sure what all has been done to yours but if it’s just Cajun parts and a little polishing it’s nothing that can’t be done again inexpensively. I’m sure if your patient someone may trade a black one for yours

I don't know enough about it to grasp why changing the paint color has anything to do with internal upgrades.
    I'm just showing my ignorance, but if that would have to be done again, that is an impediment.
    I have thought about simply buying the "right" color, but I've upgraded mine, and the one I bought probably wouldn't have the upgrades, so I'd lose to much on the deal just for the color: I can live with it for now.

I’d have the frame done in a nice blue.

"Nice blue?" I'd have to see it. :popcorn:
    As someone who had to weed through a dozen beiges & a dozen whites, and a bunch of dark blue in getting the right shades to paint the last house, I am curious as to what blue you have seen that works. :)

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I don't know enough about it to grasp why changing the paint color has anything to do with internal upgrades.
    I'm just showing my ignorance, but if that would have to be done again, that is an impediment.
    I have thought about simply buying the "right" color, but I've upgraded mine, and the one I bought probably wouldn't have the upgrades, so I'd lose to much on the deal just for the color: I can live with it for now.

As someone who had to weed through a dozen beiges & a dozen whites, and a bunch of dark blue in getting the right shades to paint the last house, I am curious as to what blue you have seen that works. :)

if you’re getting it coated then internals will remain same. I was asking about upgrades more for trade. There are people out there with black one I’m sure wish they had the urban grey. It’s just a matter of finding them.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis

Pick your favorite color, not mine. I’d go with a steel blue though.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    if you’re getting it coated then internals will remain same. I was asking about upgrades more for trade. There are people out there with black one I’m sure wish they had the urban grey. It’s just a matter of finding them.

Oh, I think I get it: buy one and pay someone to transfer my upgraded parts it in and their stock parts in my gun to sell. :)

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Oh, I think I get it: buy one and pay someone to transfer my upgraded parts it in and their stock parts in my gun to sell. :)
    That or find a trading partner and have them cover costs of upgrades and have the one you would receive in trade upgraded. It’s insane how cheap and easy most upgrades are on them and on sale token a lot of the upgrades especially to something like a shadow 2 have minimal impact and I would assume a lot of it is mental.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That or find a trading partner and have them cover costs of upgrades and have the one you would receive in trade upgraded. It’s insane how cheap and easy most upgrades are on them and on sale token a lot of the upgrades especially to something like a shadow 2 have minimal impact and I would assume a lot of it is mental.

I know for sure his is single action only now and memory says the Wiz did the full polish, barrel bushing and I don’t recall what else now.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I know for sure his is single action only now and memory says the Wiz did the full polish, barrel bushing and I don’t recall what else now.

I found this list that I was so pleased to have the Wizard do to the Shadow 2.
    I wasn't man enough to step up to the full monty, but this list was sweet enough for me.

Cajun Gun Woks parts installed:
    1. 10X Barrel bushing reduces muzzle play to 0 at lockup when the slide is closed.
    2. Straight single action trigger, needed when converting to single action only.
    3. Floating trigger pin that is reusable. Needed after removing factory pin that is not reusable.
    4. Reduced power trigger return spring. Provides less weight on the trigger during take up.
    5. 54460 Ultra lite kit. Includes Extended firing pin and reduced power mainsprings.
    a. The extended firing pin & reduced power firing pin spring are necessary when using
    mainsprings of 15 lbs. or less.

Polished all the internals, installed the CGW parts then test fired and made any necessary adjustments.
    Set the over travel set screw, this keeps trigger movement past the break to a minimum.
    Set the reach adjustment screw on the trigger, this removes all excess take up wallowing enough for reset on the trigger.
    After the set screws are set they are Loctite in place.
    Adjust the rear sight.
    Test fired at the range and noticed it grouped 1 inch left of center ( drifted the rear sight .015 to the right) and 1 inch high (4 clicks down on the elevation adjustment screw) at 7 yards.

I love the flat trigger & having it to be SAO.
    I haven't been at the range enough with it and am selling off all of my "range only" 9mm guns and keeping only this (not that I won't try out any others, as is my habit if I come across a "value-buy" ;)).

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've had the Bersa TPR9c up for sale for a couple of weeks but not alot of action, only 2 said they'd buy it but didn't follow through.
    I took it to the range today to enjoy since I've always liked it.
    If it doesn't sell during my avid "trimming" program that I have going, I'll just keep it as a "house gun."

Ironically, at 20' I shot better free hand that I did on a rest. I don't know how that's is possible, but it was fun nonetheless.
    V0nAcXx.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom