• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Is this a PSA or an attempt at absolving one of such a sin?
    IMHO the OP should have kept quiet about such an event.
    Just more ammo for the anti's.

Yeah, not quite following that. Having a gun case fall off your cart, at a shooting range, and then basically immediately figuring out it was gone and finding it...gives ammo for the antis?

Anyway, I've only left behind a gun one time. It was probably 17 years ago or so, I was at a private machine gun shoot out in Middle of Nowhere, Indiana (some private land in Southern Indiana where a group of former military buddies would camp out and shoot for a weekend). I knew one of the guys from one of the student organizations I was in at Purdue and he had invited me along. Everyone there had a pretty big collection and even though I didn't have any machine guns at the time, I still had all these hardcore gun collectors lining up to shoot my C96 Mauser. But, when it came time to pack up (everyone else was staying there in campers for the weekend), apparently I left my Beretta 92 in a holster sitting on a bench. Luckily, the other guys noticed it and I got it back the next week. I was definitely sweating bullets, trying to figure out where it was. I kept having these nightmare visions of having left it on top of my car and having it fall off on some back road somewhere.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, not quite following that. Having a gun case fall off your cart, at a shooting range, and then basically immediately figuring out it was gone and finding it...gives ammo for the antis?

Anyway, I've only left behind a gun one time. It was probably 17 years ago or so, I was at a private machine gun shoot out in Middle of Nowhere, Indiana (some private land in Southern Indiana where a group of former military buddies would camp out and shoot for a weekend). I knew one of the guys from one of the student organizations I was in at Purdue and he had invited me along. Everyone there had a pretty big collection and even though I didn't have any machine guns at the time, I still had all these hardcore gun collectors lining up to shoot my C96 Mauser. But, when it came time to pack up (everyone else was staying there in campers for the weekend), apparently I left my Beretta 92 in a holster sitting on a bench. Luckily, the other guys noticed it and I got it back the next week. I was definitely sweating bullets, trying to figure out where it was. I kept having these nightmare visions of having left it on top of my car and having it fall off on some back road somewhere.

1. Truly an "inspiring" story of being around a group of men who would make sure you got your wonderful Beretta 92 (just bought one) back. Real men: character.

Top Bottom