• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Haven't shot my CC handguns much this past year except for occasional function checks.
    Sold most of my larger calibers & replaced most of my carry guns in the past few months.
    I even bought back a couple that I'd previously owned b/c of the niche they filled.

One of my goals today is determine which to trim.
    I didn't bring my prized upgraded CZ Rami or SW MP Shield Plus Performance Center since I brought them last time.
    I took my favorite CC revolver, my long-term keeper (2.2 yrs): Kimber 6s, but never got around to shooting it.

The Kahr CW9 (mislabeled CM9) fits the bill when I need slim & small with it's .9" width.
    I had sold it & ended up buying it back, haha! (not the first time)
    The SW 360 PD, the lightest (11.3 or 11.7 oz.) .357 J frame in production, begs for a pocket carry.

The Ruger LCR 22 magnum I picked up for a light pocket gun, but is no longer needed.
    The Ruger LCR 38 is a light .38 with a surprisingly sweet trigger & handles recoil well.

All were shot at 21', except the SW 350 PD pic was at 15'.
    Range 01.04.2022 CM9.jpg Range 01.04.2022 15ft.jpg Range 01.04.2022 21ft.jpg Range 01.04.2022 1st time 2nd cyl..jpg

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Haven't shot my CC handguns much this past year except for occasional function checks.
    Sold most of my larger calibers & replaced most of my carry guns in the past few months.
    I even bought back a couple that I'd previously owned b/c of the niche they filled.

One of my goals today is determine which to trim.
    I didn't bring my prized upgraded CZ Rami or SW MP Shield Plus Performance Center since I brought them last time.
    I took my favorite CC revolver, my long-term keeper (2.2 yrs): Kimber 6s, but never got around to shooting it.

The Kahr CW9 (mislabeled CM9) fits the bill when I need slim & small with it's .9" width.
    I had sold it & ended up buying it back, haha! (not the first time)
    The SW 360 PD, the lightest (11.3 or 11.7 oz.) .357 J frame in production, begs for a pocket carry.

The Ruger LCR 22 magnum I picked up for a light pocket gun, but is no longer needed.
    The Ruger LCR 38 is a light .38 with a surprisingly sweet trigger & handles recoil well.

All were shot at 21', except the SW 350 PD pic was at 15'.
    View attachment 174486 View attachment 174487 View attachment 174488 View attachment 174489
    Now to see which hits the clasifieds and if I am interested. Keep them moving around, gives old men something to do.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Now to see which hits the clasifieds and if I am interested. Keep them moving around, gives old men something to do.
    Good 'Morning!
    Bad time after Xmas for selling guns, haha!
    I plan to be out of town next week, so I might put something in week after.

The SW 360 will be the 1st one to go: I've got $825 in it, so it will be a slow sale for a J frame.
    I thought I had to have that 11 oz weight, but I can settle for the $450 LCR 38 that weighs 13.5 ozs.
    Not my smartest move,, haha!

The LCR 22 magnum isn't needed for a lightweight revolver now either, so it will go ($440 plus some ammo & maybe a holster).
    I should sell my Kimber 6S that I have $625 in plus holster, but I love that 6th round.
    When I become poor, it will have to go since I have the LCR 38, haha!

The Kahr CW9 I might let go eventually, since I have the SW MP Sheild plus PC, but it's slimness is needed upon occasion.
    I keep selling any Kahr I get only to buy another one.
    For smallness/slimness, I should have kept the Kahr CM9 (1/2" in length & height smaller).

I'm really having fun with my air pistols b/c of the low cost.
    Just bought 20,000 pellets for 1 cent each.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I bought a S&W 360PD and a 340PD together used at a gun show for $1000. My brother was with me and he took the 340 which he still has. I took the 360 to the farm loaded it with full bore .357 and it still had those little boot grips on, fired off one cylinder full and it hurt like H. Cleaned it and sold the next week for $500 and was very happy. That was 15 yrs ago.

dan1856

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2017
    Fishers
    The Kahr CM9 is a perfect CC gun. I have owned one for over 8 years. After seeing this thread, I need to practice more with it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I bought a S&W 360PD and a 340PD together used at a gun show for $1000. My brother was with me and he took the 340 which he still has. I took the 360 to the farm loaded it with full bore .357 and it still had those little boot grips on, fired off one cylinder full and it hurt like H. Cleaned it and sold the next week for $500 and was very happy. That was 15 yrs ago.
    It is brutal with the original marginal grips using .357 magnum.
    I read about it but thought I was man enough to handle it.
    I wasn't, haha!
    I blame it on the arthritis!

I bought the Delta Ergo grips that I've done before when I had the 642 Airlight, which helped.
    I only shot 38 special through it yesterday b/c the only 357 I had was the really expensive rounds that I save for the Kimber 6s.

Ergo Delta grip on gun.jpg

Ergo Delta grip with me holding it.jpg
    Ergo Delta grip me holding showing pinky purchase.jpg
    VZ G10 grips which came with it replacing the originals small Hogue grips
    my grip on original grip wNo pinky purchase.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    All the 22 shooting had made you weak!

I agree the ruger is a much more attractive alternative Since you’re not a smith collector or anything.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Kahr CM9 is a perfect CC gun. I have owned one for over 8 years. After seeing this thread, I need to practice more with it.
    I agree.
    If you want small, it really fits the bill.
    I had several Kahrs over the years & really loved the larger CT9.
    Sold CT9 b/c I didn't need it anymore.
    Later, I bought a CW9 b/c I couldn't find the smaller CM9 at the time b/c I realized I needed smaller sometimes.
    Sold CW9.
    Sold CM9.
    Bought back the CW9, that I have now.
    I would rather have the CM9 for the very smallest (.5" less length & height), but I usually used the bigger magazine anyway with the CM9.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    All the 22 shooting had made you weak!

I agree the ruger is a much more attractive alternative Since you’re not a smith collector or anything.
    I figured if you were going to take a shot, it would be b/c of using airguns you've made sport of! :lmfao:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I figured if you were going to take a shot, it would be b/c of using airguns you've made sport of! :lmfao:
    You’re right. Should’ve went air gun since I too am guilty of shooting 22 almost exclusively the last year and a half

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You’re right. Should’ve went air gun since I too am guilty of shooting 22 almost exclusively the last year and a half
    Reduced gun hobby expense from $400/month down to $110/month in
    The guns themselves are excluded from that figure since I sell those for what I paid or very close to it.
    I think I shot about 1/2 the rounds of ammo this past year as well.
    I think this year I'll keep track of the difference between the Airgun pellets and the 22 rounds and the other calibers.
    If I shoot half the rounds with Air Guns this year it'll bring my costs down even further in the hobby.
    The $200 I spent on the 20,000 rounds of pellets plus what I've already bought will mean that I never have to buy ammunition for the Air Guns again.
    Maybe the same with 22 LR.
    When I die you'll have to sell everything for my wife, minus your commission, of course, ha ha!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I was looking at small and mid sized revolvers and autos for carry.
    Have shot a variety my buds have.
    Yeah, a 340 PD was on the want list LOL

But the more I shoot my Sig P365..........the more I love it.
    Runs flawless, is comfortable in the hand. I run it without the finger extension.

Have hand issues and an impinged shoulder.

Shooting the P365, about 100 rounds........was OK. I was surprised my hand didn't act up while shooting. The jolt to my arm, whole arm, was surprising.......but my bad shoulder might have made me more aware.

For size, weight, power and comfort.........nothing is perfect, there are always compromises.
    However, I find the P365 to be solid and am ..............wait for it............

very happy with my purchase. Dare I say it's about as good as it gets (IMHO).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was looking at small and mid sized revolvers and autos for carry.
    Have shot a variety my buds have.
    Yeah, a 340 PD was on the want list LOL

But the more I shoot my Sig P365..........the more I love it.
    Runs flawless, is comfortable in the hand. I run it without the finger extension.

Have hand issues and an impinged shoulder.

Shooting the P365, about 100 rounds........was OK. I was surprised my hand didn't act up while shooting. The jolt to my arm, whole arm, was surprising.......but my bad shoulder might have made me more aware.

For size, weight, power and comfort.........nothing is perfect, there are always compromises.
    However, I find the P365 to be solid and am ..............wait for it............

very happy with my purchase. Dare I say it's about as good as it gets (IMHO).
    I remember my 1st 365 when I borrowed a friend's at the range & was so impressed b/c it shot as well as larger 9mms I had for range fun.
    I immediately sold my Shield for $300 & drove to a NW Rural King an hour away & bought a new one for $500 + tax.
    I "never" bought new, so I was completely out of control.
    Since I was still pocket carrying at the time, I felt I needed a safety & sold it.
    I waited about a year for the price of the Sig 365 with a safety to settle down & bought one used for $400 here in the Classifieds.
    Since, I've moved on & ended up with the SW MP Shield Plus Performance Center & couldn't be happier.
    It is a journey.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I know guys that keep searching for the perfect gun. They lose a lot of money staying on such a "journey".

My 365 works very well, so AFAIC Ive
    "arrived".

Still have my Commander and P30.
    But for a small rig, am done, the P365 does what I want.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I know guys that keep searching for the perfect gun. They lose a lot of money staying on such a "journey".
    Yup. I did an abbreviated journey compared to Doddg, but I bought and sold quite a few several years ago "fine tuning" my firearms.

I have settled on the Shield and that is where I will stay.

I have weird philosophies. When the Shield came out it was a great pistol that did most everything very well. Fast forward a few years with new stuff coming out and people get the attitude that now the Shield falls short.

I think the Shield is still today what it was back then. New stuff coming out doesn't negate the features and benefits of the previous.

Like I said, I'm weird.

Top Bottom