• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    Has your range time been affected by the current ammo availability(or lack there of)? With ammo sales through the roof I am curious if people are using what they are buying, or just hoarding it away.

dg101win

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    North Central In.
    Mine hasn't changed at all as far as the current availability of ammo goes. It is just the weather that is holding me up now. I hate to wear gloves while shooting and the 15 degrees this morning was a bit chilly for me.

I load my own for everything except rimfire and I have a decent supply of rimfire and components on hand.

GtEcH25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Bloomington
    My dept was lucky enough to get 36,000 rounds after the "incident" occurred from Kieslers. However our range time has cut back a little bit. We usually go 2 times a month but getting cut back to once a month with some sims training in there too.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Don't have an indoor range near and it is just too darn cold to go out. When it gets a little warmer I plan on going next door, my neighbor has setup a small pistol range. I love living out in the sticks.

mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    I had just bought a Yugo SKS that i really want to shoot, but I'm short on 7.62X39 so I'
    ve only been able to fire 20 rounds through it so far. Can't wait for the ammo shortage to ease up a bit.

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    I was going to start a similar thread. I was wondering how the lack of ammo is affecting the turnout at the various ranges. As a reloader, I thought I was almost immune to the ammo shortages but that isn't the case now. Supplies of bullets and primers are drying up for us too. I'm going to slow down a bit until I get a feel for the availability of components.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Nope, the only thing that has affected me is the darn cold weather. I have been buying firearms, ammo and components for over 20 years and could shoot pretty regular without running out for a few years. (Might run low on a few calibers that I shoot mostly mil surplus) I'm sure there will be plenty of components and ammo available before I get worried.

Top Bottom