Range work with my nephew, got a boost in faith for the future.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Over the Independence Day weekend I traveled back home to see my folks and to do a little R&R with the family in the western PA mountains. During my time at my folks place, I worked with my 19 year old nephew who is looking to learn to shoot handgun. He's a really good kid and is a big boy at 6'4" and around 280lbs. I brought several guns for him to try including my G19Gen4.

After going over safety and shooting fundamentals I loaded up the G19 and helped him. He did great. Great trigger-finger discipline, muzzle discipline and did quite well with remembering and following the fundamentals.

I know he's family but with all the stupid things going on in the world, it was nice to see a young man who not only is interested in shooting but also is level-headed enough to realize he doesn't know everything and that his old uncle can help educate him. He's a good kid.

I recommend taking your son/daughter, nephew/niece, grandson/granddaughter or whomever out to the range with you and work with them. Both of you will benefit. It's a win-win.

Take care and BE SAFE!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    That's awesome...glad to hear! Also glad you got to invest some time with a young man who may remember that day for the rest of his life!

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    :yesway: goColt. My daughter had never expressed any interest in firearms until she graduated from college. She is now an NRA instructor and is quite proficient with a handgun.

Top Bottom