Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Memphis
    [FONT=&quot]Rangemaster Combative Pistol Course, Indianapolis, Indiana

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sept 26-27, 2015 Sat-Sun

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This is an intensive weekend course that covers all of the essential skills involved in fighting with a handgun. There is an all day session Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am to 6:00pm each day. Topics covered in this course will include:[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Rapid presentation from concealed carry[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Effective gun handling techniques, designed to work under stress[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Rapid reloading techniques[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]High speed accuracy at close ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Precision shooting at mid-ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Shooting effectively with one hand, with either hand[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Fixing malfunctions rapidly and reliably[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Proper defensive mindset, personal tactics, and more.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Expect to fire about 800-1000 rounds of ammunition. This course is designed expressly for the armed citizen who carries a concealed handgun, or the plain clothes or off duty police officer. You will need a good handgun, holster, belt, and magazine pouch, at least three magazines, a ball cap and concealment garment (vest, jacket, windbreaker, etc), eye and ear protection, and rain gear (we train rain or shine). A cooler with soft drinks and snacks is a very good idea.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You will need a quality handgun and gear. It is a good idea to bring a second gun just like your primary, in case something breaks on your primary gun. Please bring good quality ammunition. You will shoot better, your gun will function better, and you will learn faster. Leather or kydex holsters are fine—PLEASE NO flimsy nylon or cloth holsters. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]For more info, please email rangemaster.tom@gmail.com.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]To register, see [/FONT][FONT=&quot]https://www.eventbrite.com/e/combative-pistol-1-indianapolis-in-tickets-13502376973[/FONT]

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I hear a lot on here about how there is no good training near me. While I don't buy that, here is an excellent opportunity for those who think that. Tom is one of the top trainers in the country. That is not just me saying that. Other big name instructors are constantly signing his praises and going to his classes. The success of his students in deadly force encounters also bears this out.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I hear a lot on here about how there is no good training near me. While I don't buy that, here is an excellent opportunity for those who think that. Tom is one of the top trainers in the country. That is not just me saying that. Other big name instructors are constantly signing his praises and going to his classes. The success of his students in deadly force encounters also bears this out.

What if I live on the North side of town or the east side of town? You make an excellent point.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    This is/will be the real deal for those looking for a high end concealed carry oreinted pistol course. Tom has a knack for cutting through the B.S. and teaching the things that people really need to know. $425 is priced right and the class is close to home.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I took the Rangemaster Instructor class several years ago and I HIGHLY recommend taking this course from Tom and Lynn. Not only are they both excellent instructor and the course is top-notch, they are outstanding people as well. You will learn a lot about guns, self-defense, bad-guys and more.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am VERY interested in this course. It sounds like exactly what I was looking for.

I just emailed Tom with some questions....but he is abroad for 3 weeks. So....I will ask here and maybe someone who has taken his course knows.

1. Where will the course take place?

2. How many people (minimum and maximum) will be in the course?

3. I carry a Glock 43. Would I really need another Glock 43 for the course or would it suffice to bring my M&P Shield and/or my G19 or 26?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I can answer number 3. I would take your Glocks.

edit: actually take your Glock 19 which is a what you will strive to carry after spending time with Tom. G26 is a backup gun and a G43 is some sort of deep concealment option.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I am VERY interested in this course. It sounds like exactly what I was looking for.

I just emailed Tom with some questions....but he is abroad for 3 weeks. So....I will ask here and maybe someone who has taken his course knows.

1. Where will the course take place?

2. How many people (minimum and maximum) will be in the course?

3. I carry a Glock 43. Would I really need another Glock 43 for the course or would it suffice to bring my M&P Shield and/or my G19 or 26?

1) IIRC the class will be held at the Marion County Fish and Game Association Range.

2) I have never been to a Givens class with what I would consider a low turnout so I can't say what the minimum would be. As for maximum, there are often 20 people in Toms classes. That seems high until you realize in addition to both Tom and his wife teaching the class, there are also usually numerous assistant instructors helping as well.

3) Personally I would go with the G19, but that is what I carry. You could certainly start with the 43 and see how it goes, bringing the other Glocks along for just in case.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    The lady and myself are going.

cedartop is correct on the location, I'm pretty sure. I just looked at where it was relative to lodging. It's on the west side, near Speedway.

I havent taken one of Toms classes yet, but from everything I have heard from those that have, he will have a good instructor to student ratio.

I'd suggest bringing all 3 Glocks. Or if you really carry the single stack pretty much exclusively, bring the Shield as well. Bring your gear for all of them, and just ask Tom what he thinks you will get the most out of. If you have 5-8 mags for the little gun, it might be worth trying to run at least some of the course with it to benchmark your performance vs the G19. I'm of the opinion that the best convincing to carry a bigger piece is performance vs that of a small one.

I'm planning to bring my p2000 and SK, which are my usual options these days. The lady is bringing her PPQ. But I'm also bringing backup G19 and G17 just in case. I'm going to try and bring some extra gear in case anyone needs a loaner holster or whatnot, but some of that will depend on the vehicle we bring.

Tom Givens

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Memphis
    Marion County Fish & Game is correct.

There will be plenty of instructors.

I suggest the G19. Use the G43 some, but the G19 the bulk of the time. Reasons:

Skill with the G19 will transfer to the G43.

The G43 holds less ammo, won't be up to some of the drills.

A small gun like the G43 will beat you up badly in 800-900 rounds. The G19 will cause less fatigue and flinching.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Indiana when I get back in the US.

Top Bottom