Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Even if I could physically do it, I can't make the time to get away from work right now. Things are hopping! Well, I could if I quit . . .
    You think a job limits your ability to do things try having a wife and kids on top of that! They seem to want you to live up to your responsibilities all the time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You think a job limits your ability to do things try having a wife and kids on top of that! They seem to want you to live up to your responsibilities all the time.

You wanted me to cringe when I read that, didn't you.

I'll see your wife and kids and raise you a pair of octogenarian (soon to be nonagenarian) and a PrinCESS!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You wanted me to cringe when I read that, didn't you.

I'll see your wife and kids and raise you a pair of octogenarian (soon to be nonagenarian) and a PrinCESS!

The Princess apparently does not read INGO.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Anyone who thought about this course and didn't sign up, you're missing out! Some solid classmates and the straight forward presentations of Tom Givens makes this an excellent opportunity...

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It was a long three days. Finally made it home. I left with a certificate and not everyone who was there can say that. You have to meet some objective tests and not every course makes that happen. I came home a better shooter than when I left. I am going to be a better instructor for having taken the class. I received great confirmation about revolvers, and under powered calibers.

Tom is a great teacher. But more than that he has forty years of real world experience and research standing behind what he teaches. In addition his students have a stellar record in real street encounters. I have a few certificates hanging on the wall and the only ones that mean more are my college degree and my masters degree. It was a real solid class.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    It was a long three days. Finally made it home. I left with a certificate and not everyone who was there can say that. You have to meet some objective tests and not every course makes that happen. I came home a better shooter than when I left. I am going to be a better instructor for having taken the class. I received great confirmation about revolvers, and under powered calibers.

Tom is a great teacher. But more than that he has forty years of real world experience and research standing behind what he teaches. In addition his students have a stellar record in real street encounters. I have a few certificates hanging on the wall and the only ones that mean more are my college degree and my masters degree. It was a real solid class.

I couldn't agree with you more... Also, glad to have met you, Coach!

Tom Givens

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Memphis
    From the trainers' perspective this was a great class. We had 20 really serious, motivated students, a good facility and good weather. We worked hard and learned a lot. Of the 20, 16 successfully graduated and everyone improved.

My thanks to Mike Swisher (Cedartop) and Eve Kulscar who came in to help teach, as AI's and coaches. Great job by both. Thanks to Jeff Tinsley and Steve Clay for their work as hosts. Thanks to all the students for working hard and paying attention for three very busy days.

We only have one Instructor Development Course left in 2015. It will be Oct 30-Nov 1 in Wilmington, Ohio. See https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rangem...r-development-course-ohio-tickets-14141504621 for details.

Tom Givens

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    Memphis
    Glue...

We do not re-test on the written exam.

If someone failed one of the shooting tests, they can re-shoot within 30 days with one of our staff.

Otherwise, taking the class again would be needed for a certificate. Objective standards are meaningless if people are not held to them. Graduates are justifiably proud of their achievement, and we only certify those who make the grade.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Objective standards are meaningless if people are not held to them. [/QUOTE]

If only everyone would operate in such a fashion.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Glue...

We do not re-test on the written exam.

If someone failed one of the shooting tests, they can re-shoot within 30 days with one of our staff.

Otherwise, taking the class again would be needed for a certificate. Objective standards are meaningless if people are not held to them. Graduates are justifiably proud of their achievement, and we only certify those who make the grade.

I think that is more than fair. I missed the class last year at Nappanee and didn't see this one until yesterday :(

I will for sure be attending one of your classes in the future.

Top Bottom