• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    I've just gotten back from three days in Memphis at the RangeMaster Tactical Conference. The event was, as always, outstanding. It is always nice to see old friends and meet new ones. This year the lineup included John Farnam, Claude Werner, Dr. Martin Topper, Craig Douglas, Dr. Glenn Meyer, Karl Rehn, Steve Moses, Rob Pincus, Skip Gochenour, Jim Higginbotham, LT Chuck Haggard, Spencer Keepers, Dr. William Aprill, John Hearne, Tom Givens, Leslie Buck and Doc K.

There were hands-on blocks, lecture blocks and a shooting event. Both in and out of the classrooms, the conversations among participants were wide ranging and interesting.

I have said for many years that this thing is one of the best values for time and money invested in the training community each year. This year's event was no exception.

Some of the blocks that I attended:

John Farnam - Personal Confrontation: Integrating Verbalization, Movement, Physical Contact & Gunfire

Claude Werner - Defending With & Around Others

Rob Pincus - Professional Development for Firearms Instructors

Gary Greco - Lessons Learned From A Lifetime in Government Service

Jim Higginbotham - Fire For Effect

Chuck Haggard - Active Killers; What We Know, What We Can Do About It

Spencer Keepers - Handgun Ready Positions & Integration With DrawStroke

John Hearne - The FBI Miami Experience, 25 Years Later

Doc K - Tactical Trauma Care

----

Other blocks that I did not get to attend this time but have in the past included--

Tom Givens - Lessons From The Street -- which consists of AARs of 10 RangeMaster Student involved shootings

William Aprill - Violent Acts & Actors: A Conceptual & Practical Overview

Craig Douglas - Managing Unknown Contacts

Skip Gochenour - Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?

---

I presented a block offering a discussion of the evolution of techniques related to Stoppage Reductions that seemed well received, for the most part.

Craigh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Columbus
    G^2 and I had a great time at the conference as well. The match was very well thought out and the seminars we attended were fantastic. I agree with Paul, this event is a great value! I'm not aware of another event where one can have access to such a concentration of high quality instructors.

We attended:

Spencer Keepers - Handgun Ready Positions & Integration With DrawStroke

Leslie Buck- Edged Weapon Survival

Tom Givens- Flashlight Techniques

Southnarc- Managing Unknown Contacts (MUC)

Skip Gochenour- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Claude Werner- Defending with Others

Chuck Haggard- Active Killers; What We Know, What We Can Do About It

I wanted to attend Paul's class but, it was during the time we were scheduled to shoot the match.

Training Blocks Attended in the Past:

Jim Higginbotham - Fire For Effect

John Hearne - The FBI Miami Experience, 25 Years Later

It was great catching up with old friends and meeting new. It made for a long day at work today but, was well worth it!!

Thanks,

Craig

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry I missed it, but it was too late when I learned it was back in Memphis!

Next year for sure, and repeating unless it moves farther away again.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    This is a tremendous event. Where else are you able to interface and network with some of the greatest in the industry. ACT will be there next year.

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Paul is this an industry-only event?

Absolutely not! The Tactical Conference is open to every one.:rockwoot:

Attendance is limited to the first 100, though.

With the presenters and RangeMaster cadre, it works out to about 130 or so, total.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If it was industry-only, I never would have been able to attend!

And, that means I never would have met Paul and finally learned that he and Steve Moses are not the same person, even though they both like AKs (which led me to believe they were at least twins).

I've made some excellent contacts and a few friends through the winter conference. My initial reason for going was to shop for instructors, which was a successful endeavorn (both in terms of instructors/schools I wanted to patronize and others I specifically did not). I will continue to go for that reason, but now I also get more out of the seminars directly because I have a better foundation and knowledge base than I did when I started. It's virtually impossible to not learn a lot of new things there, and to be reminded of some important lessons you may have learned in the past, but needed a refresher.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    They'll never accept me as one of their own! I'm an outcast! A pariah!

Heh!

Well, you are purple. :laugh:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Here are a few AARs over the years. Figure they might entice some people to make the trip next year.

RangeMaster's Polite Society/ Tactical Conference 2009 -- by Paul Gomez

Over the last ten years, Tom Givens has put together the 'must attend' event in the training community. The Polite Society Tactical Conference began as the RangeMaster IDPA Winter Invitational in 1996 and evolved into the Tactical Conference in 1999. Starting in 1999, Tom began coordinating a large number of trainers who gave of their time to journey to Memphis and offer short blocks of training around the shooting competition. Two years ago, the event shifted to the Memphis Police Department Firearms Training Unit and, for 2009, the event shifted to the best venue yet...the US Shooting Academy in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

This year the competition was divided into two phases, one conducted on the outdoor range and another conducted in a shoot house. Additionally, there was a Back Up Gun side match conducted on each day.

Seventeen trainers offered lecture and/or hands-on blocks running the gamut from Immediate Trauma Management to Combat Focus Shooting. Some of the grand, old men this year included Massad Ayoob, Skip Gochenour and John Farnam. Of course, SouthNarc, Mike Brown, Mike Seeklander ,TJ Pillings, Steve Moses ,Marty Hayes and Rob Pincus were present and, perhaps less well-known, but very competent trainers; Hany Mahmoud, William Aprill, John Hearne, Will Andrews and Glenn Meyer also offered blocks to the approximately 150 attendees. As has become the norm for this gathering, Karl Rehn, offered Force-on-Force scenario training utilizing airsoft guns each day.

As this event has grown, it is impossible for one person to attend every presentation. My first block on Saturday morning was occupied with presenting on the Need for Medical Training for People that Carry Guns/Immediate Trauma Management. I discussed an abbreviated version of the TC3 medical model with the express purpose of 'extending the Platinum 10 minutes to allow the injured party entry into the EMS system'.

From 1000 to 1200 I attended Massad Ayoob's 'Shooting Incidents, Aftermath Management'. Mas is always entertaining and informative. This was no different. Using a series of court cases to emphasize each point, Ayoob offered a simple protocol for post event interactions with authorities.

Mike Seeklander's module was initially billed as 'Grounded/Wounded Shooter Drills' but, more explicitly, it focused on one hand gun manipulations, both right and left handed. Mike is an USPSA/IPSC Grand Master class shooter, as well as having spent more than ten years as working cop and having extensive experience with the Federal Air Marshall program. He is currently the Operations Manager for the US Shooting Academy. This class was very well thought out and executed. I had already developed rather high expectations for USSA prior to being exposed to Mike's block and I was not disappointed. I am looking at making my way back to USSA this year for more in-depth study.

For those not familiar with William Aprill, you are missing out. William offered a presentation entitled 'Violent Actors, Violent Acts, a Conceptual Overview' that was truly outstanding. He provided the attendees with an understanding of a number of psychological theories pertaining to violent criminals & their behavior and explained the best, current theory and the implications as it applies to our behaviors in complex, confusing environments. This was my favorite presentation of the weekend.

My last block for Saturday was John Farnam's wide ranging discussion ostensibly entitled 'Urban Rifle, the AR & its Alternatives'. In all of human history, there has never been a recorded instance of John staying on a single topic and this was no exception! Listening to John is an always worthwhile endeavor and this was no exception. He is one of the last of the first generation trainers and time spent with him is never wasted.

No comments pertaining to Saturday night will be included to protect the guilty.

I spent the first block on Sunday morning visiting with friends and getting a look around the facility. I attended Glenn Meyer's presentation on Modern Psychology and Firearms Usage at 1000. Glenn and I first met during an injured shooter course in 1999. Glenn showed up with a broken arm, broken leg and a couple of broken ribs...he always was an over achiever. His lecture covered a wide range of topics dealing with everything from some classic experiments and findings through some of the research that he was directly involved in regarding jury perceptions in 'lethal force' cases.

SouthNarc offered his block on Managing Unknown Contacts. This was taught from 0800 to 1000 each day with Mike Brown's Fighting & Weapon Access in the Clinch immediately following from 1000 to 1200. Anyone who has not taken advantage of these blocks being offered in this format is truly missing out on some absolutely vital knowledge and skills.

John Hearne's presentation on the Newhall Incident and its Training Implications has continued to evolve and is truly eye-opening. Viewing of this presentation and Tom Givens Miami Massacre Analysis ought to be considered mandatory for anyone involved in training or who carries a gun.

A quick rundown of stuff that I did not get to witness:
    Marty Hayes offered a classroom presentation on 'Reducing Firearms Instructor Liability'. It was very well received by those who did get to attend, unfortunately, I didn't get in on this one.

Skip Gochenour spoke on Criminal Behavior. Skip is a wealth of information and I always enjoy listening to him. Between running the National Tactical Invitational and his 'day job', there is no one quite like Skip.

Will Andrews covered Shooting On the Move but the timing coincided with my attending Ayoob's lecture.

Steve Moses offered a live fire block on the AK47 as a Battlefield Pickup Weapon.

TJ Pillings did a live fire shotgun block.

Rob Pincus offered a block on Combat Focus Shooting.

The RangeMaster Polite Society Tactical Conference has grown each year. What began as a fun time has grown into the best value for time and money invested in the training community. My hat is off to Tom Givens for sticking with this thing, his staff for busting their [collective] ass to make this thing what it has become, to USSA for offering their wonderful facility, to all the trainers who devote their time and energy and to all those who show up and make the Polite Society Tactical Conference event the event..

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Polite Society" Event, Memphis, TN, 2008 -- By John Farnam

I just completed the 2008 PS Event in Memphis, TN. Friend and colleague, Tom Givens, puts this extravaganza on every February, and it was, as
    always, an enormous benefit to all who attended. As last year, the event took place at MPD's Academy.

Shooting exercises consisted of three "situational" drills, two in low light, and one in normal, outdoor light. In the first one, you are compelled to
    engage three, armed thugs in a parking lot, using your car as cover. In the next, you are compelled to rescue your wife from armed thugs who are
    attempting to kidnap her. Range in both exercises was four to seven meters. Flashlight use was optional. Targets were fully-dressed mannequins that toppled when hit. Targets were visibly armed and perniciously threatening. "Non-targets" were also dressed mannequins, but plainly represented no threat. In low light, you really had to look closely! "Hit-zones" were undefined, and, for most of us, multiple hits were required to take out each target. Most of us elected not to use my flashlight, as the situation developed so rapidly. I just moved, drew, and started fighting!

A third low-light exercise required us all to fire at paper targets, but starting from supine and requiring the use of only the non-dominant hand!
    This was designed to simulate being wounded and down and still having to continue the fight. Range was five meters. Many of us need to practice more with one-hand shooting! Rollins on your side works much better than trying to arch your back.

The outside drill required us to start seated in a car, then engage two, armed attackers out the passenger-side window. Then, the contestant had to tactically exit the vehicle, move to a brick wall, and, using it for cover, engage two more armed, thugs, the view of whom was obscured by an unarmed bystander. Again, targets and non-targets were dressed mannequins. Range was four to seven meters. The final drill was also outdoors and required each of us to shoot down a row of steel plates, strong-hand, support-hand, and free-style. Range was five and seven meters.

I was armed with my Beretta PX4 (40S&W) and 140gr Cor-Bon DPX ammunition.
    Back-up pistol was my Rohrbaugh R9, also loaded with DPX. Pistol and ammunition ran fine. I didn't deploy my backup pistol nor Cold-Steel blades.

It was an excellent training exercise, and, as with the NTI, extremely valuable, as each of us get to go into each drill cold, having little idea of what to expect. It is a priceless opportunity to test and evaluate oneself, under stress. The best way to approach it is to not think about scores/times at all, and stop worrying about what you think some evaluator wants to see you do or not do. You run each drill as realistically and tactically sound as you can, making what mistakes you will, moving on without hesitation, and charging through to the end. Great day!

There were many valuable classes this year, all instructed by my personal friends and colleagues, and I did my best to attend all of them!

TJ Pilline put on an excellent, live-fire Urban Rifle Class, stressing optical-offset on close targets, particularly brain-stem shots at close range. TJ is an advocate for one-point slings!

John Hearne presented his excellent summary of FBI's OIS data. He reminded us that we're often too polite for our own good, and that we need to look upon VCAs as an entirely different species, as their capacity for violence and depravity is virtually unlimited. John reminded us all that frequent, stressful training is the key to victory, along with personal tenacity. I love this: "Getting shot is no big deal. Getting shot again, because you failed to take decisive action, IS a big deal!"

"South-Nark" is the AKA for another of our instructor who presented an excellent hand-on Class called "Managing Unknown Contacts." We all learned how to use posture, movement, and verbalization to maintain adequate reactionary distance and how to recognize pernicious duplicity.

William Aprill, best known for his excellent Retention-and-Disarms Class, this year spoke, in his capacity as a practicing psychologist, about Post-Trauma Disorder. He acquainted us with the latest information on this subject as well as treatment options.
    He stressed the importance of always "staying in the game," in order to avoid "fear and helplessness" that is the source of so much heartburn.

Henry Mahmoud and Steve Moses did a wonderful presentation on Team Tactics. He indicated that teams are often thrown together hastily, so each of us needs to have necessary tactical gear with us always, including a serious pistol and at least one reload. Henry said that five is the maximum number for an effective tactical team. More than that, and it becomes unmanageable and dangerous.

Andy Stanford talked with us about flashlights, assuring us that LED is the trend, and that conventional, xenon bulbs were on their way out.
    Few know as much about low-light fighting as Andy!

Paul Gomez presented an interesting Class on the "Evolution of the Draw-stroke." Paul never ceases to astonish me with his vast historical knowledge!

Randy Harris showed us an excellent series of videos demonstrating how to put your opponent at the maximum disadvantage through aggressive movement, the kind of movement that forces him into aggravated muzzle whip.

Claude Werner, representing the Rogers School, showed us all how to run the trigger and move the muzzle onto target simultaneously. He also stressed the importance of catching the link, again, while the muzzle is moving. Claude personally demonstrated all this with his Beretta 92F. I'm going to have to drill myself on this so I can decide how much of it I'm going to steal from Claude!

Skip Gochenour had another of his classic "head-scratchers" for us! Skip talked about the concept of "Honor" and "Shame" and the way the two influence our civilization. He went through the historical development of law pertaining to the use of deadly force. He pointed out that in most civilizations, particularly the "Thug-ocracies" of the Middle-East, governments insist on an monopoly on the use of force. Citizens/subjects are allowed no individual discretion. Only in the "New World" do we see individual citizens with the right to defend themselves, even with deadly force, at their own, personal command and judgement.

Mike Brown, in his hands-on class, showed us all how to successfully access one's pistol while otherwise engaged in a physical fight. It can be challenging, but Mike showed us some excellent tricks.

Mike Warsocki's well-organized mind took us, step-by-step, through the exigent decision-making process.
    Mike explains the procedure in great detail, far more detailed than I had ever thought about.

Jim Yeager, as few others are qualified to, explained to us accessories that come in handy on a serious rifle, and ones that are more trouble than they're worth. Like TJ, Jim likes a one-point sling. He is also a fan of EOTech and Aimpoint.

I highly recommend the PS Event to all Operators. Not to be missed!

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Here's a brief one from the 2011 event. I had to miss this one due to scheduling conflicts.

Rangemaster 2011 Tactical Conference
    May 14-15, 2011
    United States Shooting Academy, Tulsa, OK

There were approximately 100 attendees, from all over the United States.

Classroom or live-fire range training blocks presented by:

Classroom-
    Massad Ayoob, Massad Ayoob Group, “Managing Post-Shooting Stress and Trauma”
    John Hearne, Rangemaster, “The FBI Miami Shoot-Out; Lessons that still resonate 25 years later”
    Dr. Martin Topper, “Finding the Magic Bullet, An Overview of Terminal Ballistics”
    Steve Moses, Bluff Dale Academy, “VIP Protection Principles for Dummies”
    Claude Werner, Firearms Safety Training, LLC, “The Myth of the Lone Gunman, Operating with family, friends, and others”
    Karl Rehn, KR Training, “Managing Force on Force Training for Instructors”
    William Aprill, Rangemaster, “Fatal Choices, Some of what we know about VCA’s and victim selection”
    On the range-

Southnarc, Shivworks, “Managing Unknown Contacts”
    Mike Brown, USSA, “Weapon Access in a Clinch”
    Caleb Causey, Lone Star Medical, “Tactical Medicine for the Prepared Citizen”
    Brian Hill, USSA, “One Handed Survival Shooting Skills”
    Will Andrews, Oklahoma Shooting Skills, “Shotgun Skills”
    Rob Pincus, I.C.E. Training, “Unorthodox Shooting Positions”
    Wayne Dobbs, “Critical Fundamentals of the Combative Pistol”
    Claude Werner, Firearms Safety Training, LLC, “Snubby Skills”
    Jim Higginbotham, Riposte, Inc, “Fire for Effect”

Plus, there was a tactically oriented match consisting of two separate phases. In the Standards, shooters engaged cardboard targets on Limited Vickers Count, from 2-22 yards from a variety of positions. In the Scenarios, we recreated four shooting engagements involved in various moments of the infamous FBI Miami Shoot-Out of 1986. Targets were DVD Target’s “Hard Head Ted” reactive mannequin targets, which only fall if struck hard in the upper center chest. Shooters used a truck and range barricades for cover while engaging these knock down humanoid targets. Scores from the Standards and the Scenarios were combined to rank the shooter’s performances.

There was also an exercise in the live-fire shoot-house. Participants went through one at a time accompanied by a Range Officer. Very realistic humanoid targets had to be found, identified, and spoken to, with the RO providing the verbal responses for the targets. This was a great opportunity to practice movement skills and the skills involved in sorting out a dynamic situation.

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Here are a couple from the 07 event:

Annual Tactical Conference, 2007 After Action Report

Training: Thirteen well known trainers each provided two-hour blocks of instruction on both days of the event. At times, there were as many as five blocks of instruction going on concurrently at various places in the police academy complex. Attendees were free to attend any or all of these seminars. Trainers included:
    John Farnam, Defense Training International, shotgun training
    Skip Gochenour, National Tactical Invitational, info on criminal MO
    Paul Gomez, our own trainer from Louisiana, Evolution of the Drawstroke
    Steve Moses, trainer and author from Dallas, Texas, Carbine
    Henk Iverson, Strike Tactical, Patrol Rifle
    Will Andrews, H&H Range in Oklahoma City, Instructor Development
    Mike Brown, The Praesidium Group, Tulsa, OK, Pistol in the Clinch
    Karl Rehn, KR Training, Austin, Tx, Airsoft Force on Force scenarios
    William Aprill, Rangemaster, Handgun Disarms
    John Hearne, Rangemaster, OODA Cycle and Decision Making
    Clyde Caceres and Dave Wittrock, First Light Products, low light techniques
    Dave Biggers, XS Sights, demo of XS sighting products.

The event was held at the Memphis Police Department Training Academy, which includes a modern well equipped firearms training complex. We used three indoor ranges, two outdoor ranges, and two classrooms.

Shooting Competition: In addition to the training, we conducted several scored scenario based live-fire exercises. There were three stages on an indoor range with the lighting reduced to dim night-time street conditions, and two daylight exercises on the outdoor range. Devices were used fire shotgun blanks to simulate return fire, and in one stage the headlights of the bad guys’ car were shining into the shooter’s firing position. On the outdoor range, one scenario required the shooter to engage targets from inside a vehicle, then exit and engage others. All targets in the scenarios were John Hearne’s excellent tactical reactive targets. These are incredibly real looking, especially in low light, and only fall when hit in the anatomically correct vital zone. A total of 91 shooters completed the scored exercises. Mike Brown, a Tulsa police officer and trainer was both High Lawman and Overall Winner of the event.

---------
    Another AAR from the InterWebz

We started the weekend at the Gomez GAS class. On the way down we were all discussing what we thought could take four hours when discussing GAS, then we got there. Lots of information, lots of great exercises. I also learned that the gnome takes entirely too much pleasure in gassing people, and exposure training sucks every single time. I also learned that the Sudecon wipes really do help decrease recovery time.

Then Saturday came. We started the day at the low light seminar. My first thought when it opened was that this was going to be a tool specific sales pitch and although the tool looks very promising, I was hoping for more general information. Not to be disappointed, Dave Whittrock got up and started in on fundamentals of low light. By the time we were done, I think they delivered in spades. From there we went on to Gomez’s Tac Med seminar. Paul definitely knows his stuff, and has a monster collection of med gear to show off. This definitely inspires me to continue to push the med training whenever possible. My group decided to take the opportunity to run the match stages and get it done early. It was surprising how fast they were able to run people through in spite of the weather issues. I think that’s just a testament to the abilities, hard work, and organization of the staff. It was definitely a joy to shoot. I didn’t do as well as I would have liked, but certainly not as bad as I could have. Just serves as a reminder, more work to be done. From there we got over to Karl Rehn’s seminar on FoF with airsoft. We had some interesting dynamics going on as we had some very experienced FoF guy’s, and some relative newbies. I think everyone left with their eyes open a little wider to situations that happen very fast, and very close. I also think most people left with a welt or two but so it goes with training.

Then day two happened. We started Sunday with Mike Brown and the guys for accessing the gun in the clinch. All I can say is wow. After that I realize it’s time to up the short term intensity in my workout schedule. Once again, excellent information was provided. I know a number of us were discussing that class for the rest of the day. I think so many realize the deficiency in there own training in this area. I did have the opportunity to deliver the only sphincterectamy of the course during the final exercise. I guess that makes me the latest addition to the taint shankin brotherhood. We then went on to a little over 4 hours on the rifle range. I can’t say enough about both Henk Iverson, or Steve Moses. Henk provided some very informative perspectives on operating the carbine and some great TTP that were at least new to me. Steve then came along and ran us through some great fundamental training to improve our speed and accuracy. Then came the real fun of the trip, the 10hr drive home.

Although not surprising, Southnarc’s name and a lot of his material kept popping up from various instructors and students. I think that’s no coincidence. So many people are looking at the training He is providing and it is so valuable that you can’t ignore it. I’m glad to see so many finally taking note. I also saw a lot of clinch picks, and disciples on various belts throughout the weekend.

All I can say is that every single instructor provided an incredible amount of information in a very short time, they were personable, engaging, and open with the information they shared. I would strongly recommend any one of these guys if your looking to spend your training dollars. I think Tom said it best, these guys donated their time for this weekend simply because they believe in what they do and want to share their knowledge with others. In light of the Jim Zumbo deal I hope everyone realizes the power of their dollars, spend them with people who really care about what their doing.

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    And here's the write-up from 06.

Rangemaster Winter Indoor Championship & Tactical Conference, 2006

Starting in 1998, every winter Rangemaster has hosted an Indoor Championship Match in February. Our range is indoors and heated, so wintry weather is not an issue. Most years, we take advantage of the indoor range to turn the lighting down to simulate conditions encountered in an urban environment at night, when defensive confrontations are most common. We shoot from concealment, with street gear and full power ammo. Back-up guns ARE allowed, and there are no restrictions on magazine capacity. Detailed information can be viewed at

Since 2000, we have combined this shooting event with our annual Tactical Conference. Rangemaster’s facilities include a modern classroom with all the audio/visual aids, an area for hand to hand and airsoft scenario training, and more. Throughout the weekend of the match, there will be classes, seminars, and hands-on training exercises, conducted by some of the best instructors in the country. Match attendees get to participate in as many of these classes and seminars as they wish, all included in the entry fee. Trainers for 2006 will include John Farnam, Defense Training International; James Yeager, Tactical Response; John Hearne, Rangemaster; Skip Gochenour, Director, National Tactical Invitational; Paul Gomez, Options for Personal Security; Karl Rehn, KR Training; Tom Givens, Rangemaster; and several others. There is also a random prize drawing at the awards ceremony, also included in the entry fee.

Paul Gomez

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    I first attended in April, 1999 [the year that it became the Polite Society Tactical Conference] and then didn't return for several years. I think I made it back in 2002 or 2003 and began presenting in 2005. I've done something at every one since, with the exception of 2011. The 2011 event was originally scheduled for the same weekend as the big NRA show. After the NRA show was announced, a number of folks couldn't commit to Tulsa, so the dates were shifted to mid-May and my schedule was already booked.

Anyway, it is a great deal and everyone who is serious about training ought to attend at least once, if not annually! ;)

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I was invited down with the guys from Armed Dynamics, but had already committed to another class and couldn't spare the funds.. next year.

Top Bottom