• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Russel is a pretty cool guy and so are his people. done a small amount of business, only one gun. just visited today.. pretty much cleaned out right now. good shop.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Ditto. Also stopped by this morning and saw some pretty bare shelves & friendly staff. Will try another visit after a while to see if the stock levels improve.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Ditto. Also stopped by this morning and saw some pretty bare shelves & friendly staff. Will try another visit after a while to see if the stock levels improve.

said he was getting new stock on Mon & tues. had him check what and he rattled off a bunch of stuff, i dont remember what as it wasnt anything i was into.

he DID have a RIA commander style 1911 tho.. might go back for that.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Jet girl, I thought I was pretty clear

No, you pretty much had a massive attack of PostFail.
    Please revisit post #15 and take notes.
    And if you don't mind, you can save the "this is how a gun store works" lesson for somebody else. I think I might have that one covered. ;)

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I read it and I partially agree. Transfer fees are not the same as a NICS check though to do the transfer you have to do the NICS check. Been to Bradis and Beech Grove Firearms and both confirm what I stated, if it comes back delayed and I say never mind there is no charge, which I would not do because it's not like I'm driving all the way to Fort Wayne. IF HE and I could have done a little give and take there would have been no problem. I would have, he would not, so no deal. Ethics.

The really funny part of all this was the NICS check and delay + the shotgun price all totalled about 10 to 15 minutes. The rest of the time was him getting the police, them checking my license, asking us questions, having the man that managed the Agricultural building over (that was the biggie) and the police conferring with each other, more questions, him doing zero business during that time, and then the police telling me I'm free to go. Took the two guns I bought (at other places) and my buddy took me home.

I make mistakes like every one else and in almost three years on this site this is the first time I have ruffled any feathers. I guess I was way over due. This is partly why I really don't like to engage in this type of communications. If you look at my posts these have been by far the longest, just not my thing.;)

gunguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Not sure on the hangup on the two year thing. There are parts of this site I've never been to. My original post was in General Firearms Discussion, stumbled here and thought I would post the same here. As far as proof, same could be said of most of this site, so get real. IMO Ranger Supply is a cheat and dishonest and you're free to think and do what you want, even try to browbeat me. No matter as the word goes forth. I post the same if I run across another internet site that asks for opinions as to Ranger Supply. Everybody have a good weekend as I think this horse has been beat to death.:cool:

Some people you can work with some you can't and ALL OF US have been in both groups, yes?
    I think that you are going beyond the normal warning of a bad business. You are stating as fact that they are dishonest and a cheater. As I see it he did not do anything dishonest and he did not cheat you. The price that he offered to sell you the gun for must have been a reasonable price or you would not have agreed to purchase it. Any extra effort and time involved by your delay was not his fault and should not be added to his cost. I have no problem with you not wanting to add to your cost by driving to Ft Wayne to pick up the shotgun or have it shipped to Indy, but I have a real problem with you calling him dishonest and a cheater because you were delayed and did not want to complete the transaction. Two years after the fact is really petty since he didn't cheat you at all. (disclaimer) I do not work at Ranger Supply and I have never purchased anything from the store or the owner of the store.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Paddles.jpg

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    After the police said I could go he would not even shake my hand after I offered him mine, that is a person with very little class. Oh, did I say I had witnesses? My best friend took me with his son and he used to be a FFL dealer.

:n00b: Wow.....just wow. YOU got delayed, you threw a fit, you wasted the dealers time and refused to make accomodations for the fact that YOU got delayed then you call him dishonest? You say he has no class after you wasted his time, threw a fit, and got what you wanted? Dude, STFU. :xmad:

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I've yet to purchase a firearm from them, as they haven't been able to procure what I want when I want it. But I have purchased numerous AR accessories from them. Accessory prices are usually average to just a smidgen high.

The reason I buy from them is the ENTIRE staff is friendly and willing to take as much time explaining the difference between 1,2 or 3 point sling as they will to explain a AR15. Also, by pure coincidence I had my bone stock AR in my truck the first time I bought accessories and they installed everything while I stood there. They did explain that free installation wouldn't always be the case but since it was a slow day they didn't mind at all. Though I have an above average knowledge of handguns, I was a total noob to black guns at that time. They took the time to explain every modification they were making so I could do it myself in the future.

Overall, if service is your thing, these guys do a damn good job.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    :n00b: Wow.....just wow. YOU got delayed, you threw a fit, you wasted the dealers time and refused to make accomodations for the fact that YOU got delayed then you call him dishonest? You say he has no class after you wasted his time, threw a fit, and got what you wanted? Dude, STFU. :xmad:

How in the world do you see that I THREW A FIT? YOU NEED WORK ON YOUR READING COMPRHENSION. I said no to a fee of $40.00 bucks to run the NISC and "he threw a fit". If you want to 'smell his junk', be my guest. I think he is a dick. BTW, my time was wasted just as much as his so stick it.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I've yet to purchase a firearm from them, as they haven't been able to procure what I want when I want it. But I have purchased numerous AR accessories from them. Accessory prices are usually average to just a smidgen high.

The reason I buy from them is the ENTIRE staff is friendly and willing to take as much time explaining the difference between 1,2 or 3 point sling as they will to explain a AR15. Also, by pure coincidence I had my bone stock AR in my truck the first time I bought accessories and they installed everything while I stood there. They did explain that free installation wouldn't always be the case but since it was a slow day they didn't mind at all. Though I have an above average knowledge of handguns, I was a total noob to black guns at that time. They took the time to explain every modification they were making so I could do it myself in the future.

Overall, if service is your thing, these guys do a damn good job.

He was very friendly, until I said no to his extortion trick. I'm too old to be jerked around by some young punk, period,.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Thanks for keeping this thread alive JetGirl, I knew I could count on you. I know that in the Northeast corner many of you have ties to Ranger Supply (you can say you don't, but your actions speak louder than your words do).

No need for the $40.00, he just tried to steal from me and was unsuccessful.

:horse::horse::horse:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I know that in the Northeast corner many of you have ties to Ranger Supply (you can say you don't, but your actions speak louder than your words do).

Exactly what ties do you think we have to him. Russ has been a good guy to me every time I've walked in the store. I don't work for him, and I don't have any family that does. He owes me nothing and I owe him nothing. We conduct business with each other and he's always treated me fairly. Becuase of my experience with Russ and teh guys, I'd have to hear his side of the story before giving yours any credibility. He's not the type of guy to jump on the internet two years later and start bad mouthing somebody.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom