• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Sure. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to post them here. My names Ryan.

What setup do you have that you're wanting to try out?

Awaters1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    Westfield
    Nice to meet you man, I put this together a year or so ago and between moves etc (I lived in CO for work) I haven’t been able to really get out there.
    It’s a rem 700 AAC SD in .308. SiCo Hybrid cheap Magpul hunter, I’m looking for a chassis now. Wearing a Vortex Viper Pst 6x24x50 FFP.

image.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    In my previous research I thought Hillside Shooting Sports allowed guests to shoot up to 200 yards and if you took a shooting test they would let you shoot longer distances. Only see a 200 yard limit advertised now but you might inquire.

This.
    1,000 yds is available to members.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Swizz County Sportsman's Club in Bennington, IN [[SE Indiana]]

2x 2 place pistol ranges covered 20-50 yards

4 place rifle covered 100-660 yards

skeet also

join for $25 yearly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We don't do a traditional class or training session. It's all "club" matches, and no cash and prizes to be won, so its all "practice" in a way.

Come on out to a midrange match (once a month, starting in March) before a long range, and see what it's all about. You can come watch if you want (email Shawn on the cihprs website), or better yet, sign up and shoot. Shooting might be the worst spectator sport there is. Bring a rifle, watch someone else shoot first, then jump in. As long as you're safe, its all good. No reason to sit on the sidelines.

Plenty of us are more than happy to help get you on paper. It's far easier than you'd think (especially for a midrange match) to get squared away and centered up within a few shots.

Let me know if you've got any more questions, I'm happy to help out.
    Your helpful spirit is very much appreciated and makes it very inviting to try something new.
    Thank you.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Your helpful spirit is very much appreciated and makes it very inviting to try something new.
    Thank you.
    Happy to do it. I know for me, there was some intimidation and trepidation before I started shooting these matches. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more helpful group who are happy to tell you EXACTLY how they're beating you so hopefully you can beat them next match (wind calls, reloading recipes, equipment etc).

I sure wish I would have known how friendly, helpful, and UNintimidating the majority of highpower folks are and started this sport 10 years ago when I first found out about it.

@Hohn can testify what it's like for a new-ish guy. I roped him in a couple of years ago, and he's as addicted as the rest of us now.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Nice to meet you man, I put this together a year or so ago and between moves etc (I lived in CO for work) I haven’t been able to really get out there.
    It’s a rem 700 AAC SD in .308. SiCo Hybrid cheap Magpul hunter, I’m looking for a chassis now. Wearing a Vortex Viper Pst 6x24x50 FFP.

View attachment 126485

Looks like the ideal setup and what we had envisioned when we made the F class "practical" class. No reason why it shouldn't work! Come on out and see what a fishtailing wind at Atterbury range 6 does to that .308 round at 600 yards. You'll learn something and have a blast doing it.

Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I heard that Bass n Buck is going to do some informal PRS type matches this year. I have not spoke to Glenn or Sherry about it yet to confirm but I will make call tomorrow. If they get enough interest they may do what is necessary to hold formal PRS matches.

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Howard Co IN
    WWW.ISRPA.ORG

You are a member, correct?

If not, think about joining.
    Bass n Bucks looks like what I am wanting as far as simply getting some practice at longer ranges without committing to a membership yet. Thanks!

I am definitely wanting to get into shooting matches once I get some more experience under my belt so this is great info to hear! Do I need to be a part of the club to shoot matches?
    I’m in the same boat...picking up some good information as well!

Top Bottom