• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • APB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    Are than any ranges in NWI that I can shoot an AR? I am in the Schererville area, so IL would work also.:ar15:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Just a note - wherever you end up going, you may check to see what you need to bring. After attending a NWI shoot at Winamac, I now know to bring a staple gun..

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just a note - wherever you end up going, you may check to see what you need to bring. After attending a NWI shoot at Winamac, I now know to bring a staple gun..
    It's a good point. Alot of these places are a bit of a drive. It would be a bummer to get all the way there and not have what you need.

Maybe if there are other things that members are aware of at these different ranges that someone might need they could post them. Thanks. :yesway:

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    In the case of indoor ranges, Kodiak Range in South Bend allows AR-15 with .223. However, the range requires frangible ammo, and they do have it in .223. Very nice range I might add.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Keep in mind Winamac is closed on Monday. I have also forgot a stapler before when going there, so I had to duct tape my targets up (always keep a roll in the truck)...

What should I bring?
    Your firearms and some ammo, off course! Also your PAPER targets ONLY, a staple gun (to hang the targets), eye & ear protection.
    No full-autos are allowed on the range but everything else (handgun, rifle, shotgun) is.
    (This was stolen from Jediagh's NWI meet thread)

Need free printable targets? Try this post:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/79176-free_targets.html
    (also from Jediagh's thread.. Thanks Jedi!)

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    Hmm... I just took a job that has me visiting some clients in Winamac, so I might have to get some shooting time while I'm out there! Do I need to bring cardboard target backers, or just a stapler and targets?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @mcolford - theif. LOL!!!
    c u all at the Meet & Shoot later this month at WINAMAC.
    If anyone has an old broom please bring it as a range donation.

-Jedi

APB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks for all the responses. It looks like I will have to drive a distance if I am going to shoot in IN. As I am right near the IL border I will see if there is anything close in IL.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    When I was there last month, the ones donated by NWI INGO were still there!!!!!!!!!!

Correct! Those are the ones we donated back in OCT 2011. Some have been cut, others are a bit worn out. The RO would like to have a backup stock just in case. When I talked to him last month he was

1) suprised they have lasted as long as they have (they were from the Dollar Store)
    2) suprised that they have not "walked away"

It was an "experiemnt" he and us did and it has worked out ok. I am trying to secure donation to buy some better quality ones (not real good quality else they will walk) to be able to give to him either in APR or MAY at the M&S.

Plywood is always the highest priority when we do donations to the range.
    -Jedi

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom