• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I just got a call from my hubby. Seem someone broke into our car last night.

What did they take – my owner’s manual and my dog training bag! Ok what is the owner’s manual for a 2007 ford Focus going for these days?!? How about 2 easy walk harnesses, 2 Halti head collars, 3 leads, my favorite treat bag, a bag of dog treats, and a folder of blank photo copies – are there items big in pawn shops or black market?!?

They left the cash, coin and singles. They left the Tom-tom, which they had to move to get the owner’s manual. They left the CD’s. Everything of value is still in the car. I know I should be happy about that but I really feel like someone is just trying to “**** in my Wheaties” so to speak.

I’m just so PO’ed. So now I have to find time to go out and replace $200 of training gear and get a new owner's manual. Someone is really just (insert expletive here) with me - right?!?

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    That seems really odd. Most easy grabs are for exactly what they left behind, loose change and small electronics. Are you known to carry anything more valuable in the dog training bag? Maybe the thief thought they were going to get something more valuable.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Did they grab your car registration and your garage door opener? Maybe they thought your reg might be in the front of the manual. Those two things together could get them inside your house. I'd be focused on exactly why they took those two specific things: the manual and the bag.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Tvon - besides my purse, the only thing of value I carry is my laptop and that is ALWAYS with me or on my desk at home. Heck the training bag even has doggie pictures on it so I have no idea what they thought they were getting.

Scutter - We don't have a garage so that's out. Fortunately we don't keep our registration in the owner's manual so all they got was when my last oil change was.

So I'm back to the big poodle or someone just being a pain in the ---.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter - We don't have a garage so that's out.

Yeah, but does the thief know that? Where was the car when it was broken into?

Maybe it's a Muppet Takes Manhattan caper, where they just need some MacGuffin in order to complete their quest and yours was a convenient target.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Sexual deviants might want the training stuff.
    As for the manual, well even deviants need to know what kind of coolant to put in their cars.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    it was prolly just some kids grabbing stuff they thought they could use or mess around with. if they could drive then they would have taken the gps. so yes... you are prolly just bein messed with by some kids.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    That is downright weird! Definitely not the norm. Did you check the classified's on here? Some ingo member may be messing around, tis the month of halloween :dunno:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I'm just going to go with kids pulling a prank, although getting into a locked car without any visible damage is pretty good for kids.

And I've thought about it, I don't think I actually want the harnesses or leads back. The whole deviant thing from earlier -- I wouldn't put them on a dog.

Guess I'm going to the Pet supply store this weekend.

Top Bottom