• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    To the jackass in the volvo wagon @135 and Smith Valley yesterday around 4:00 p.m. I know you saw me as you turned left across my lane of traffic, AGAINST THE LIGHT, because you and your young daughter were both looking right at me as you cut in front of me on my bike. I managed to swerve out of the way missing your car by about 2'. I hope I gave you a little discomfort in having to explain to your young daughter just what exactly the gesture that I made to both you AND HER meant. ASSBAG!!!:xmad:

I called this same message into "Let it Out", but somehow I don't think it'll get printed. :laugh:

O.k, I feel better now. . .

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I does add insult to injury when the a** hats look you right in the face while they are doing it.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    This type of inattentiveness by other drivers is the sole reason why I sold my motorcycle years ago... Too many drivers only care about their own little world and have no clue what's going on around them. Cell phone calls, texting, surfing the web, eating a hamburger, shoving french fries down their throat, applying make-up, picking their nose... How about just driving and paying attention?

I feel for ya...glad you're safe.

sinisterright

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Glad you're safe. Had a guy try to change lanes into my bike yesterday.
    My wife asked me yesterday if I check my mirrors while stopped at a light to avoid getting rearended. I told her I was surprised that she does this since she seems oblivious when behind the wheel. Honestly wouldn't have been surprised if the person trying to occupy the lane I was in yesterday wound up being her.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    To the jackass in the volvo wagon @135 and Smith Valley yesterday around 4:00 p.m. I know you saw me as you turned left across my lane of traffic, AGAINST THE LIGHT, because you and your young daughter were both looking right at me as you cut in front of me on my bike. I managed to swerve out of the way missing your car by about 2'. I hope I gave you a little discomfort in having to explain to your young daughter just what exactly the gesture that I made to both you AND HER meant. ASSBAG!!!:xmad:

I called this same message into "Let it Out", but somehow I don't think it'll get printed. :laugh:

O.k, I feel better now. . .
    Is it possible that he began the turn before he saw you and upon seeing got that deer in the headlights look like "Oh snap, I didn't even see him, I hope I can get out of his way fast enough"?

I'm not saying he is innocent, but don't jump to the conclusion that he did it intentionally just because you saw him looking at you.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Yeah, sometimes the reason they are staring at you is because they didn't see you untill they were committed to their manuver. At that point they are looking to see if you hit them.
    As motorcycles are sometimes ignored as moving vehicles, anything we can do to increase our conspicuity (hi-viz gear, headlight modulators, etc.) will help keep us alive. I get angry when these things happen to me on my bike, but I accept the fact that motorcycles are less likely to be noticed than the typical "cager".
    The whole cellphone/electronic media issue only complicates things.

Ride safe! :)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Gotta keep your head on a swivel. Especially in "rush-hour" traffic.

People think commuting is a competitive motor-sport, but I've never seen anyone get a trophy for getting to work first.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Jerkholes like that are why I have no desire to ride on the street. I'll keep it on the track.
    It's sad when I'm safer at 100+ dragging a knee on the track than I am at 30 on any given public road.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Is it possible that he began the turn before he saw you and upon seeing got that deer in the headlights look like "Oh snap, I didn't even see him, I hope I can get out of his way fast enough"?

I'm not saying he is innocent, but don't jump to the conclusion that he did it intentionally just because you saw him looking at you.

Oh there was no deer in the headlights look, it was more like an "I'm in a highly engineered Swedish vehicle that weighs two tons that is one of the highest rated vehicles ever for safety and you're on a 700 pound motorcycle, what are you going to do about it?" look.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I've got friends and family that ride, and I'm always cautious to watch out for bikes.
    BUT...
    It goes both ways with the rant.
    A week ago while Mr.Jet was passing another car, a rider decided it would be a great idea for him to pass the slower car on the right too... so he zipped up there and blew past right BETWEEN them.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've got friends and family that ride, and I'm always cautious to watch out for bikes.
    BUT...
    A week ago while Mr.Jet was passing another car, a rider decided it would be a great idea for him to pass the slower car on the right too... so he zipped up there and blew past right BETWEEN them.

I've seen this and other idiotic moves while on the roads myself and find myself hoping that the moron learns the lesson in such a way that they won't forget. Just short of wishing him harm.

It's funny, I've told many a newb rider or somebody thinking of buying one to remember that anything on the road with more than two wheels is trying to kill you and ride in a highly defensive mode at all times. I've been called paranoid but at the risk of jinxing myself, I've only had two close calls in my life and never made contact with anything I didn't plan on contacting.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I try to speak out against idiot riders as often as I can. Splitting lanes, going 2x the speed limit, weaving through traffic, etc.

They get official unapproval from this monkey.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I've seen this and other idiotic moves while on the roads myself and find myself hoping that the moron learns the lesson in such a way that they won't forget. Just short of wishing him harm.

It's funny, I've told many a newb rider or somebody thinking of buying one to remember that anything on the road with more than two wheels is trying to kill you and ride in a highly defensive mode at all times. I've been called paranoid but at the risk of jinxing myself, I've only had two close calls in my life and never made contact with anything I didn't plan on contacting.

I call it prepared not paranoid, just like carrying a gun. I think it's a Volvo thing.

sinisterright

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Hamilton County
    BUT...

Agreed. I've seen some riders do things that scared the hell out of me. I think most were on Pendleton Pike. Three guys riding wheelies to name one. I have been huge for riding defensively and this stuff just isn't it.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Thats the situation that scares me the most and most times I don't think there is any way to avoid it. Glad you made it through.

Top Bottom