• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    To the moron contractor who sprayed my street with tar, with no intentions of laying pavement anytime soon.

I hate you and will get my revenge.

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    you wouldnt happen to be around 21st street on the far east side, would you?

there was alot of complaints over the bus radio today about tar on the street flying up onto peoples windshields and such. made a real mess on the buses as well.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Did you go out and throw yourself in front of my mom's car so she does not have tar on it?

Sorry, Kirk, although I am large, I am not big enough to cover that much ground.

I think your dad was out talking to some folks up the street, he didn't appear too happy with the situation either. He was wearing his full english, properly polished, suit of armor!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I lived/grew up "in the country". Chip/sealed roads were (and are) the norm. I really do understand...

But if there's anything on your vehicles, WD-40 and/or PB Blaster will really really really help clean the crud off.

-J-

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    To the moron contractor who sprayed my street with tar, with no intentions of laying pavement anytime soon.

I hate you and will get my revenge.

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:
    That sucks!
    I lived/grew up "in the country". Chip/sealed roads were (and are) the norm. I really do understand...

But if there's anything on your vehicles, WD-40 and/or PB Blaster will really really really help clean the crud off.

-J-
    PB Blaster, that stuff works on everything! :D

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Coming from the country we've had to endour the same thing many times. Goo-Gone will sometimes take the tar off (we had very limited success), on the other vehicles that we didn't care as much about the paint finish we just used diesel fuel or kerosene.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for the removal advice all, I will pass that on to my father. His vehicle got the tar treatment worse than my work truck did, and lets face it, it is a "work" truck. I didn't get anything on my personal vehicle, as I just stayed home after seeing the mess. I would have been really miffed if I had to go out, I just had my personal vehicle detailed on Tuesday.

I suppose what really has made matters worse, is the complete inaccuracy of the news stories. They are making it sound as though just a little road tar was put down to fill cracks in the asphalt. That is a complete FALSEHOOD. The fact is, is that some idiot used a sprayer and completely covered both sides of the street.

I need some stress relief. I didn't get to shoot last weekend due to work on both Sat and Sun.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    After my father and I called the Mayors hotline, about two hours later a INDOT truck went down the street and spread some sand.

That will help some

I'm still glad I'm not the tar truck driver.....
    He will be working someplace next week and be drug from his cab and beaten senseless by a guy in a large tow truck with a slung AR:)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You do realize when they find some poor tar truck driver with a size 12 EEE boot in his ass, they will be looking for you.

Top Bottom