Rarest Glock on the Market, Just a show and tell type of night.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • macolesby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2022
    Terre Haute
    Here's one that doesn't come around very often. As far as I know there's maybe 200 or so still in circulation, a first Generation First batch Glock 17L Long slide. When Glock made these there were originally 1000 of them for US Import, This one is all factory including the less common Factory Glock Adjustable sights. I managed to trade my way from a Smith M&P 9 Compact into a Winchester 9422M XTR, my father decided he wanted the Winchester and gave me back this considering it was bought for me to shoot competitions with when I was in high school. Needless to say this is one gun I own that goes absolutely nowhere at any point other than the range.

Attachments

• IMG_6054.jpg
      IMG_6054.jpg
      395.7 KB · Views: 76

macolesby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2022
    Terre Haute
    Nice! I had a gen 3, good gun. After awhile I felt it was a bit front heavy and got a 34, which while not my favorite gun, is VERY well balanced.
    I have a Gen 3 as well. I've been looking for a Gen 2 hoping that at some point they will make a 4 and 5 so I can have the complete line up. Currently I'm putting together a 34 for a competition gun for 2 gun. I've got my parts list made out and I'm looking at just under $1600 when I'm done with it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Nice, but I believe the Gen 1 G19 is much rarer.
    It is. Most were turned in and destroyed. Some officers bought theirs and some were made for Glock employees. There are 25 left, and half are in private ownership.
    But the rarest is 3 guns made for the CIA in a different caliber because the US couldn't bring in 9mm to the country. I have forgot more than I know, and don't recall the caliber or country.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have a Gen 3 as well. I've been looking for a Gen 2 hoping that at some point they will make a 4 and 5 so I can have the complete line up. Currently I'm putting together a 34 for a competition gun for 2 gun. I've got my parts list made out and I'm looking at just under $1600 when I'm done with it.
    I have a Homeland Security blue label with some nice sights.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The last of the gen1 run had the gen2 frame. Technically a gen1 with a carry over frame.

Raven312

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2018
    Hammond
    We’ve had one or two of those roll through the shop I used to work at. One was new and one was traded in. This was over a two year period.

macolesby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2022
    Terre Haute
    We’ve had one or two of those roll through the shop I used to work at. One was new and one was traded in. This was over a two year period.
    During the last batch I was working at a shop just south of Chicago, I was able to get a few of them from a supplier and nobody wanted them at first. My dad ended up picking one of them up to shoot in competition at which point I got this one. While it's not the best shooting gun I own for my shooting style it's definitely one of the most sentimental

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Here's one that doesn't come around very often. As far as I know there's maybe 200 or so still in circulation, a first Generation First batch Glock 17L Long slide. When Glock made these there were originally 1000 of them for US Import, This one is all factory including the less common Factory Glock Adjustable sights. I managed to trade my way from a Smith M&P 9 Compact into a Winchester 9422M XTR, my father decided he wanted the Winchester and gave me back this considering it was bought for me to shoot competitions with when I was in high school. Needless to say this is one gun I own that goes absolutely nowhere at any point other than the range.
    This old school rear sights broke like crazy. I replaced so many over the years for warranty work to the newer style like you have on there now. I first attended Glock armorer's school in 1987 in Smyrna taught by the McNally's.
    My buddy still has his bone stock 17L Gen I with factory ported barrel I do believe as he never sells anything.
    I think the factory 18's are the rarest. I have had commeratives such as the Atlanta edition, helicopter operators, etc and some of those were only made in the 25 range but divested myself of that stuff to pay medical bills. I used to be one of the dealers at the 1500 starting in 1990.

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    It is. Most were turned in and destroyed. Some officers bought theirs and some were made for Glock employees. There are 25 left, and half are in private ownership.
    But the rarest is 3 guns made for the CIA in a different caliber because the US couldn't bring in 9mm to the country. I have forgot more than I know, and don't recall the caliber or country.
    As in the 380 Glock 25????

One rare in was in the transition between the Gen 2-3 I saw what I would can a Gen 2.5 model 21 it was the 21 with finger grooves but no rail. I believe only like 2,500 were pushed out before the rails became a thing in the mid 1990’s!

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a gen2 21 today from a member. Made in Austria with the weekend sights. The target sights added 5 points to the BATF score. The sights were made over the weekend to make Monday's shipping order. The barrel isn't marked for test fire but has the serial number.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The one I'm referring to, the CIA asked Glock to build 3 of them. I can't remember what. I used to know.:oldwise:

I have a gen2.5 22 ported unfired in Tupperware. The stickers are still on the mags.
    I believe it was a 380, in what frame I can't remember. Probably what they were issued at the time. And I think Italy was the country the 3 CIA agents were using it in.
    This was made by Glock, only 3, and is the rarest.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I believe it was a 380, in what frame I can't remember. Probably what they were issued at the time. And I think Italy was the country the 3 CIA agents were using it in.
    This was made by Glock, only 3, and is the rarest.
    I always wondered why they weren't built in 9X18 Ultra/Police

Top Bottom