• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    So, I got a raspberry pi 2 a couple months ago. Since we cut the cord with comcast for everything but internet, I've been looking for ways to get me some actual TV.
    A friend of mine at work told me about Kodi and setting it up and all that. I'm good in that department. I even managed to add the superrepo repository and can stream live US channels through ustvnow.
    My question to you folks is this. Anyone know of any other good repositories for some live tv?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I've never been a big fan of the streaming repositories.

I highly recommend spending $5-$10 a month on a good usenet subscription, download what you want, and stream it over your LAN.

You can set up entirely automated systems to download the shows you want, and they'll be sitting there waiting for you.

Kodi is da bomb.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    You've broken the first rule of usenet...

I have very little experience with them.. as in, none.
    After a little googling, it's an interesting idea... it sounds like i'm going to have to repurpose one of my older computers as a dedicated Kodi box as there are certain limitations on the Pi..

Thanks for the input.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Google astraweb, they have a special for $8 a month right now. That's who I use.

Are you savvy with Linux cli? An old pc with Ubuntu server, sabnznd and sick beard will get the job done.

If not, both can be run in windows as well. Theres a small learning curve but once you set it up you won't look back.

Feel free to message me if you need help with any of it.

Top Bottom