• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Because IF any Republican really can beat Obama that means Romney in 2012 and then he runs as the incumbent in 2016.

If Obama wins, then I guess Hillary is the natural choice in 2016, and who knows what that election year would look like but I defer to my first point made above. Just going with that. I just want to game how to elect someone in the primary other than Romney or Newt. Cain is out and so is Paul in this scenario. If Paul bounces up to first in real life, that is a different animal.

To me, logic says Ron Paul should plan to throw his support behind this guy at the 2012 convention. Who would make a good VP choice for him? If not this guy, who should RP try to advance in 2012 besides himself?
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/iD1T61oTrR8?rel=0

I can see voting for Paul in the primary just to give him more potential leverage just in case he wakes up, but I would kill myself if Newt wins the primary over Romney by one vote (or I will move to France. I reserve the right not to kill myself).

Even if a move like this fails, I am hopeful it will be tried. It makes sense to me. You have to play the game to the end, you play all four quarters. Scew Newt and his toads.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Who in the hell wants Newt? :dunno:

Who thinks he has a snowballs chance of beating the one, obama?

Not I, said the fox.

Mr. Gingrich we have your baggage ready for pickup.........

luggage2803_468x319.jpg

:noway:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Do you use drugs? it's ok if you do. I'm just having a hard time deciphering this thread and maybe knowing your mental state would help.

"Rather than wait until 2020, ..." ________________________ (please fill in the blank)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't know either. I think he may be advocating for a Romney/Rand Paul ticket in the general. :dunno:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Ron Paul will NOT endorse Romney if Romney secures the nomination. He didn't endorse McCain in 2008. His supporters would abandon him if he did. If Paul plans on doing lectures and rallying supporters to like-minded candidates during his retirement, he wil lose all clout to do so if he gets behind Romney. Simply, Paul's reputation as a constistent and honest politician is done if he gets behind Mitt.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I don't know either. I think he may be advocating for a Romney/Rand Paul ticket in the general. :dunno:

That's an interesting thought. I don't see it happening, but it could certainly set Rand Paul up for a future Presidential run.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Can you clarify who you wish Ron Paul to support?
    Rand OR someone else but I am using Rand as an example that I think could work for the masses and Ron.

I am trying not to stiffle creativity or force feed any particular view in this thread BUT keep it to how to circumvent Newt or Romney and Ron not supporting Ron.

I am skeptical that RP is capable of cutting deals so the person he should be able to trust is Rand. If he does not pass the torch right now, his stock drops like a rock and it is worthless after August time frame.

Who else could he deal with? I am fine with him cutting a deal with Romney, I have said that before, but I think Romney won't want him as his VP in a month of Sunday's unless Newt is running a solid #1.

The real point is why settle for Romney at all? If we are going to get him anyway, who else could possibly come in, win the nomination and beat Obama? Some people would jump from Newt and Romney given a viable choice. Ron is not that choice today.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's an interesting thought. I don't see it happening, but it could certainly set Rand Paul up for a future Presidential run.
    It is interesting but I don't think Rand Paul would accept either. I think it would be seen as a slap in the face to the effort his Father put forth and besides that Romney and Rand don't exactly travel the same path ideals wise.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No no no, Rand for President in 2012.
    Not quite following here. Are you saying RP should drop out at this point and let Rand Paul run in his stead with his backing for the nomination? Or are we talking running Rand Paul as a third party in the general with pops support?

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    What makes anyone think that us Ron Paul supporters would vote for any other GOP just because RP came out to "support" the other candidate?

If Ron Paul doesn't get the GOP nomination, then this RP supporter will vote for a 3rd party candidate (just like last time).

As far as I'm concerned, Obama = Romney = Gingrich = Perry = Bachman = Cain = Santorum = New World Order.

I'm not sure about Huntsman, but if the GOP backed him, I'd be awfully suspicious.
    picture.php

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Not quite following here. Are you saying RP should drop out at this point and let Rand Paul run in his stead with his backing for the nomination? Or are we talking running Rand Paul as a third party in the general with pops support?
    No, make a power play at the convention. His Son for Pres and someone else as his VP. No one from the current pool of Republican candidates. Not a third party run, just a run at taking the Republican nomination.

He won't win on his own and clearly he can't align with or support another candidate currently in the race. I am sure in my mind he won't endorse anyone else when he loses. So why not find another way to win?

The overall lack of momentum for any one candidate makes it a possibility. I guarantee others are thinking about it in circles outside of Paul's. He should too.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No no no, Rand for President in 2012.
    Its too late for anyone new to enter the GOP Primary race now. Deadlines are already passing for achieving ballot access in various states, and there is a lot of groundwork that needs to be done before those deadlines. In Indiana, the candidates must each have 500 signatures from registered voters in every single congressional district. I don't know about the rest of the states' requirements, but realistically it is already too late to join. The first Primary happens in only 32 days.

Top Bottom