• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This political thread needs a religious cartoon, should be OK under the new religious rules:

11709526_882726901820452_3727719002119292459_n.jpg

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Excellent Rambone.

I think that many Christians forget that the original warning about government came from God himself. I've never felt any conflict between my faith and my ideological principals.

BigShow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Good post. God gave man free will, this is the land of the free. So alot of the laws on the books should never have been there to begin with. I do not support queer unions, or abortion, but that is between that person and God. It is none of the US governments business. And not the governments responsibility to pay for it either.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we don't do what he says then we'll be sent to hell.

For by grace are you saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

What that cartoons portrays are examples of the kinds of things one who has accepted that free gift should be doing. The good works don't save.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we don't do what he says then we'll be sent to hell.

You are wrong on this. We are bound for hell only if we don't accept the free gift of his salvation, and it is accepted by faith alone. All the things he said everyone should want to do, are merely things that would make the world much better if we did. We should all be charitable as much as we can, with our time, toil and treasure, because it was his example.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Must admit I was shocked when I saw that OP and Steve were strong Christians after the religious discussion moratorium was lifted. I guess I find it a little strange that people who are so against centralized power in politics, embrace the ultimate central power. Anyway, happy to see Christians who actually support small government instead of just claiming to. Hopefully, hearing your views will help convince other Christians to support pro-liberty values in government.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is my favorite Bible quote that isn't in the Bible........

[video=youtube;EgSL3hY5iPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgSL3hY5iPE[/video]

I would love to go back in time and slip that to one of King Jame's Translators.....

"Here buddy I just found this from an early convert named Roger "Verbal" Kint...I think it should be in there somewhere...I uh..er...translated it from the original Aramaic...."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Must admit I was shocked when I saw that OP and Steve were strong Christians after the religious discussion moratorium was lifted. I guess I find it a little strange that people who are so against centralized power in politics, embrace the ultimate central power. Anyway, happy to see Christians who actually support small government instead of just claiming to. Hopefully, hearing your views will help convince other Christians to support pro-liberty values in government.

Must admit that I was shocked to see atheists support the words "We hold these truths to be self evident...That all men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights....and that are among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.." I find it a little strange that folks who love freedom so much think that freedom is given to them by a bunch of dead white guys with powdered wigs....Anyway, happy to see Atheists who actually support small Government and "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness" for all instead of just claiming too...

I had no idea one could believe in a Liberty that was granted to them by the courtesy of men alone.....Hopefully hearing your views will help convince other Libertarians to extend that precious commodity we call life to unborn children......

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Must admit that I was shocked to see atheists support the words "We hold these truths to be self evident...That all men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights....and that are among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.." I find it a little strange that folks who love freedom so much think that freedom is given to them by a bunch of dead white guys with powdered wigs....Anyway, happy to see Atheists who actually support small Government and "Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness" for all instead of just claiming too...

I had no idea one could believe in a Liberty that was granted to them by the courtesy of men alone.....Hopefully hearing your views will help convince other Libertarians to extend that precious commodity we call life to unborn children......

I just substitute created with born. Works fine. The founders didn't give me those rights, they just recognized them. Don't really want to get into the abortion debate itt. For me, it's a complicated topic with more grey area than black and white.

Top Bottom