• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    First off, let me say that I placed my order with RCS/ TMF because I have read and heard so many good things about them.

I ordered a Ghost holster for my G19. I am left handed, and they shipped me a right handed holster. It was a mix-up when the order was filled, because the packing slip even says that it was a lefty, when in fact it was not. No biggie. I sent Jay an email and he politely responded and said, among other things, "I'll get the correct holster out plus a gift for your trouble ASAP."

Today, I got my replacement holster in the mail. It was timely- probably 6 or 7 days after they received the right handed one. However, they did not include the "gift for your trouble." I don't really care, and for that matter, it may be in the mail in a different box that arrives tomorrow. As far as I am concerned, they don't owe me a gift anyway. They made a mistake, and they fixed it. I am out the ~$6 to send it back to them, but in the big scheme of things $6 doesn't matter. We all make mistakes at work, so that doesn't matter to me. I thought it was odd that they said they'd send a freebie and then didn't, but oh well.

The holster looks great. So far I don't see anything wrong. I guess overall I'd say this is a "+1" for RCS / TMF. I am just a tiny bit dissatisfied that my "gift" didn't come, but didn't feel like it was due me in the first place. No harm, no foul.

Like most good holsters, you have to wait to get them. My wait was about 2 weeks longer than normal, but quality is worth waiting for. If you are in the market for a Raven holster, do not consider this a critical review. If anything, consider it evidence that the guys at Raven are simply regular guys who occasionally make mistakes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I spoke with Jay at Raven/ TMF and he insisted that he owed me a gift, and that it was really cool. He promised that it would go out on Friday. Today it arrived:

Key Chain Light Series - MicroStream | Streamlight

I already have the Microstream and love it! I've told a lot of people about them, and have posted about it here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...12462-review_streamlight_microstream_led.html

Suffice it to say I think its a great light for daily carry. I'd consider it the J-Frame of the light world- Small enough to be ever-present, but enough performance to get most jobs done. It won't do everything, but it does enough a lot. Plus, at ~$20, its a deal!

A huge thank you to Jay at Raven Concealment / The Malabar Front
    I now have a spare of my favorite light.

Top Bottom