• ...and so much more!
  • ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    :dunno:

I got the phantom in cart ready to order. But i dont know what attachment to order? :dunno:

Is what comes with it enough retention or should i consider the paddle or panckake attachments? Someone please help. I am trying to order due to the back log.

Here is what im ordering.

The Malabar Front

Here are the 2 attachments i am considering. No iwb is considered..

pancake attachment

The Malabar Front

Paddle

The Malabar Front

Anyone with either attachment...or knows what comes with the og holster please post what you experience. Thanks ingo.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    the holster comes with removable belts loops that are entirely serviceable. you will need nothing else. that being said, i keep a pair of the soft loops and a set of the tuck-able hooks for the rare occasion i need to wear IWB.

All Available

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Soft IWB Loops - many people say that the only weakness to the design is the dinky belt attachments,

So far though, mine have been fine, but have come loose from time to time.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Of those two options, if you're set on one of them, go with the pancake option. Almost certainly it will ride closer to your body than the paddle.

As another poster has said, the generic belt loops that it comes with are entirely serviceable and minimally bulky.

I have the standard OWB loops, a set of IWB soft loops (Which I find pretty useless, actually), and a set of IWB hooks that are meant to fit under your belt...but I've modified them to fit over the belt "J-hook style". They also sell these over hooks separately.

-J-

TFin04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Cleveland
    Pancake's work, but are not necessary. The holster, as it comes, is incredibly tight fitting to the body and very secure.

The pancake wings are fine, and do spread the weight out some, but they take up more room on the belt and can create stress fractures if the owner is a skinnier person, or wears the gun right at "3oclock." Basically, try to avoid any sharp bends of the clips both for concealment purposes, and for durability. I find no need to use anything other than the factory belt loops for OWB carry.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why?

I've been thinking about one of these also, but having never seen on, and having trouble how the different options work, I'm kind of stuck.

For me, those little rubber loops don't offer enough support. They're there, it seems, only to keep the holster from sliding downward into your pants. That means you must rely only upon belt tension to hold the holster.

That means (again, for me) that the belt must be too tight to have anything remotely resembling comfort.

My favorite way to carry the Phantom IWB is to use the "over hooks".

For OWB, the standard loops are just fine.

-J-

Siderite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    The default attachments work fine, but I find that the pancake wings work well in cases where your belt loops block the ideal placement. Tuckable J hooks are better than the tuckable over-hooks if you wear think (material) pants or a thick belt.

Top Bottom