• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I have researched and looked into it as much as I can. So now i am calling the professionals, aka :ingo: So here is a chance for all of you that want to try out the ballistics and bullet penetration of something different! They say that this ammo can go through hard surfaces like; car doors, brick walls, ect. BUT when it comes into a soft tissue it will fragment and not over penetrate.

If you want links to some RBCD ammo

RBCD Ammo youtube - Google Videos

The home page

RBCD Performance Plus, Inc. Ammunition

If anyone would get some actual range reports or anything having experience with this ammo, post it!!

Curiosity on this is killing me!! Anyone know anything about this ammo?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    LeMas/RBCD Ammunition Analysis - M4Carbine.net Forums

The summary:
    Congress appropriated $1,050,000.00 in the FY03 budget for the government to conduct a comprehensive study of LeMas “BMT” ammunition and evaluate the remarkable claims made by LeMas. A 3 year, multi-agency testing effort was conducted and the results compiled and documented. The long awaited USSOCOM/ARDEC report on LeMas ammo was made available for distribution to authorized organizations in August of 2007. Virtually every single claim made by Mr. Bulmer and Mr. Hamilton regarding LeMas bullet design, manufacture, construction methodology and composition, pyrophoric and thermodynamic properties, behavior in tissue simulant, intermediate barrier capability, terminal performance in tissue were all determined to be FALSE.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Thanks Shooter great find, so i am guessing that there is nothing all that "GREAT" and definitely not "BLENDED METAL" with the RBCD ammo! So got me all excited for nothing....

HowardCohodas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Canton, OH

This ammo is in the category of low mass, high velocity variety. Since muzzle energy varies linearly with mass and quadratically with velocity, this ammo attempts to up the energy without increasing pressure over safe limits.

Like many complicated things, this one view is not the whole story.

I wrote this last November. Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum - View Single Post - RBCD fragmentation ammo..

Also American Cop Magazine published this. American COP July/August 2009

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    This ammo is in the category of low mass, high velocity variety. Since muzzle energy varies linearly with mass and quadratically with velocity, this ammo attempts to up the energy without increasing pressure over safe limits.

Like many complicated things, this one view is not the whole story.

I wrote this last November. Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum - View Single Post - RBCD fragmentation ammo..

Also American Cop Magazine published this. American COP July/August 2009

Interesting first post. Don't be afraid to jump right into the controversial issues here, mmkay? :):

HowardCohodas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Canton, OH
    Interesting first post. Don't be afraid to jump right into the controversial issues here, mmkay? :):

Thank you kindly. This buckeye appreciates the opportunity.

I run several searchbots (search rotots) on subjects that where I have done research I hope others find useful. RBCD popped up your forum.

Top Bottom