• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I'm gonna fork over the money for a manual RCBS case trimmer and the three way cutter. I know I'm going to hook a drill up to the handle cordless or not. I've read from reviews that the attachment sold by RCBS for the drill is pretty much junk and most have just set the drill up to the handle without the drill kit sold by RCBS. I don't have it in front of me yet and I can't picture how to do it. Anybody already done this? How did or do you set it up?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    RCBS adaptor

The RCBS adaptor kit I have just replaces the hand crank to allow the use of a drill. I used it for a while and it works fine for what it is. I have since got the RCBS motor drive unit and it's been worth every cent my wife paid for it. It was a Christmas gift!

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    I thought about spending the money on the motor drive unit but with a drill it's $100 less.

So the adapter they sell isn't too bad? It's only $9 and I guess I could try it out for that kinda money. It's not fixed in place though and the drill slides out as far as I can tell.. It looks like there's alot of people just hooking the drill up another way. Just can't tell how they have done it.

Eric86

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    The adapter basically allows you to use an allen wrench to turn it instead of the hand crank You just need to have an allen wrench bit. I believe most people are having issues stripping out the screw head, luckily I have about 15 extra in case I ever strip one out. I have not stipped one out yet and I have reloaded about 800 or so with it so far.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    The adapter basically allows you to use an allen wrench to turn it instead of the hand crank You just need to have an allen wrench bit. I believe most people are having issues stripping out the screw head, luckily I have about 15 extra in case I ever strip one out. I have not stipped one out yet and I have reloaded about 800 or so with it so far.

Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

Top Bottom