• ...and so much more!
  • sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    "It;s cool to just push a button and do something else and come back to it."

Wait until you try "auto" mode! Then you just have to replace the pan and it starts dumping again, without even pushing a button!!

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Is this the one you are talking about, my friend?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RCBS-Charg...165505?hash=item2cc970ac01:g:ooIAAOSwFqJWhoC4

s-l400.jpg

You're thinking this is the way to go from the start?

Yes, that looks just like mine! I would definitely get one ASAP.

jb3fvEy.jpg

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    "It;s cool to just push a button and do something else and come back to it."

Wait until you try "auto" mode! Then you just have to replace the pan and it starts dumping again, without even pushing a button!!

Yes, yes... YES!!!! The absolute best way to use this device is in Auto Mode IMHO. Without doubt the fastest way to load up a set of charges.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I didn't play with the auto mode. Yeah that will really be nice. This should really cut down my reloading time.

Doublehilex, I will order the feed tube mod shortly.

I am going to tinker with it some more this afternoon. I love it so far.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The more I play with this thing the more I wished I had bought this thing earlier. It's just flat out freaken neat. The powder is ready by the time I am ready to drop powder for the next round. What a time saver! I am going to load a few hundred 223 sometime this week.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The more I play with this thing the more I wished I had bought this thing earlier. It's just flat out freaken neat. The powder is ready by the time I am ready to drop powder for the next round. What a time saver! I am going to load a few hundred 223 sometime this week.

I'm not quite that fast yet...
    Yeah! First bottleneck cartridges loaded ever for me. :rockwoot:

Yw0a3f0.jpg

You experienced guys have software or apps or printout sheets that make loading notes and load development more organized?

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Looks awesome BW. I keep a note book for load data. I also have stickers I put on my ammo boxes. You can get them just about anywhere they sell reloading stuff. I bought a bunch on one of my last Midway orders. They are handy as hell. And cheep.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...ack-of-50-and-colored-box-stickers-pack-of-48

I have been playing with the Charge Master a lot. It drops really consistent. I have ran Stick and flake powder threw it. I love this thing.

Have fun with those reloads. I love working up a load. I have awesome loads for 308, 30-06, 300wm and 44mag. Still playing with the 45-70. I am loving reloading a lot more now! My hand loads beat all box loads I've. Hands down.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I also keep a log on a ledger-type notebook, but my main data tracking is via spreadsheet. I add my chronograph data and range notes to the spreadsheet. Works for me.

The loads that are my "keepers" I highlight with electronic yellow highlighter so I can spot them easily. I am planning on moving those loads to another tab in the spreadsheet so I can find them more easily.

I have my spreadsheet setup so I can filter by the columns. For example, under the "Caliber" column, I can filter so I only see my 9mm rounds for example, or all of my Titegroup rounds, etc. Makes it easy to see what I have done and how.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I also keep a log on a ledger-type notebook, but my main data tracking is via spreadsheet. I add my chronograph data and range notes to the spreadsheet. Works for me.

The loads that are my "keepers" I highlight with electronic yellow highlighter so I can spot them easily. I am planning on moving those loads to another tab in the spreadsheet so I can find them more easily.

I have my spreadsheet setup so I can filter by the columns. For example, under the "Caliber" column, I can filter so I only see my 9mm rounds for example, or all of my Titegroup rounds, etc. Makes it easy to see what I have done and how.

A Chrono is the next thing on my list. What one are you using DH?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    A Chrono is the next thing on my list. What one are you using DH?

Labradar. On sale right now at Midway USA. Not cheap, but the best gift I ever bought myself! I put off buying one for a long time because of the high cost. I actually had the dang thing in my shopping cart a few times, then chickened out and removed it. Now that I have it, I can't imagine being without it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Labradar. On sale right now at Midway USA. Not cheap, but the best gift I ever bought myself! I put off buying one for a long time because of the high cost. I actually had the dang thing in my shopping cart a few times, then chickened out and removed it. Now that I have it, I can't imagine being without it.

Do your chrono results get entered manually or is there some sort of app integration?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Do your chrono results get entered manually or is there some sort of app integration?

Here is a video of it in use. It looks pretty sweet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Yy1J4RdEY

Thanks for the info DH. that looks to be my next purchase. I had not planned on spending that much. But I like the ideal of not shooting over top anything. I am going to watch a few more videos. And man are you a bad influence. First a charge master then this... :):

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

Here is a video of it in use. It looks pretty sweet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Yy1J4RdEY

Thanks for the info DH. that looks to be my next purchase. I had not planned on spending that much. But I like the ideal of not shooting over top anything. I am going to watch a few more videos. And man are you a bad influence. First a charge master then this... :):

Glad I could help spend your money Larry!!! :welcome:

The Labradar saves the data on an SD card that you can take to your computer, which is pretty cool. The files open up directly in Excel (they are .CSV). I wrote a macro that formats the output into a format that I prefer (just looks nicer, I added BOLD and COLOR, etc.

The Labradar also has Bluetooth built into their units, but they have not enabled that feature into their firmware yet. It is supposed to be coming "soon", which means a quick upgrade will give us the ability to read and control the unit from our smartphones. Pretty cool.

This thing takes about 2 minutes to setup (or less), and you don't have to shoot over it (or accidentally *through* it!!!). You don't need a cold range to set it up, and it can even work at indoor ranges where you can't go past the firing line.

I completely and totally love mine.

Here is an example of how the spreadsheet looks after I run my macro. The box that I added later in RED is not part of the spreadsheet (I used Microsoft Paint to add the red box to the screen capture). I use that circled part to copy and paste into forum threads when needed.

delCzej.jpg

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

It does look cool.

Wonder how futureproof it is? I bought a CED Millennium a dozen years ago or so, top of the line at that time.
    I'm thinking the next one I buy needs to be pretty darned integrated into some sort of system that does all the logging for me.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    It does look cool.

Wonder how futureproof it is? I bought a CED Millennium a dozen years ago or so, top of the line at that time.
    I'm thinking the next one I buy needs to be pretty darned integrated into some sort of system that does all the logging for me.

Here is what the raw data file looks like when you open it in Excel. This is before I run my little formatting macro to make it look nicer.

Zb01jGB.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom